ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
On new home construction we always get asked "Can you power up the lights for us?". This is always before the insulation or drywall is even installed.

Sixer

"Will it be cheaper if I drill the holes for you?"
J
Originally Posted by gfretwell
I have to go with the afore mentioned "when will you be finished", sometimes before you have even put your tool bag down.
"Shortly after you stop bothering me" is not a bad answer.
I worked with a guy who had a great way to get people to get away from him. If they got in too close he would hand them something real dirty and say "hold this". Pretty soon they would decide they had something else to do.

Had a supervisor in a plant do that to me one day. Told him 15 minutes. He came back and I was not finnished, again told him 15 minutes. After 3 times he said but you told me 15 minutes. I said, 15 minutes to fix. I haven't found the problem yet. Did not see him the rest of the day.

"Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years to late" Jimmy Buffett
E
1. How do you know where all of those wires go?

2. Can you install a two-way switch for me?

3. The guy at Home Depot says that I should be able to install this fixture in 15 minutes. Can you do this more quickly?

And the list could continue forever.........

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
G
Originally Posted by jbfan

Had a supervisor in a plant do that to me one day. Told him 15 minutes. He came back and I was not finnished, again told him 15 minutes. After 3 times he said but you told me 15 minutes. I said, 15 minutes to fix. I haven't found the problem yet. Did not see him the rest of the day.

That is classic. I have to remember that one.

LOL

"If common sense was common, everyone would have it"-not sure, someone here

"When can I run a movie for my boss and his family?" Repeatedly asked by a very annoying GC rep on my last install.

Overlooking the fact that the screening room is not his personal playtoy, it wasn't even close to being done, the client (you all know, the one who's actually paying for all this) didn't want them to run a show..and oh, yeah, they wanted me to "borrow" a print from a theatre for the show. I think not...

Stupid should be painful.
A
My fav (i get this all the time): Is this answer correct?
My reply: No it's wrong but we are saying it's right, I just signed off on it for fun.

J
My favorite.
Phone rings. "Can you come and fix my machine?"
My response "Sure. If you tell me who you are."

B
My favorite for "When will you be finished" is to look at my watch, then reply:"Five O'clock"

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard