ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Admin #161009 03/28/07 09:24 PM
I was having a senior moment before while trying to post a thread for Ray and I was nearly ready to PM Bill.
But, had I have opened my eyes, I would have noticed that at the end of that line of icons in this reply window, there are 2 arrows, these increase/decrease the size of the post window when you are tapping out a reply to a thread, saves a LOT of scrolling and annoyance, I can tell you!. grin

gfretwell #161011 03/28/07 09:28 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Originally Posted by gfretwell
I like the idea that you can make the number of posts per page bigger
Greg,

Yes, you can set it according to your preferences. I think 20 topics/page and 10 posts/page seems like a good setting. I made that the default, but that will probably only affect the New people that sign up from now on.

Bill

Trumpy #161012 03/28/07 09:39 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Originally Posted by Trumpy
...I would have noticed that at the end of that line of icons in this reply window, there are 2 arrows, these increase/decrease the size of the post window when you are tapping out a reply to a thread, saves a LOT of scrolling and annoyance, I can tell you!. grin
Mike,

I saw the arrows and that it made the window bigger, but I didn't know it kept going! smile

I learned something new there myself, Thanks for passing that on!

smile
Bill

Admin #161014 03/28/07 09:51 PM
Not a problem Bill,
Although one thing I do find a tad annoying is when you go to post a reply, you only get the last reply of the thread, not a biggie, but the old software used to give you up to (I think 20 replies and then it would give you a link back to the thread titled "Click here to review thread", sadly we don't seem to have that feature now, but I could be wrong.

P
Originally Posted by Webmaster
Question for people using 800 x 640 screen resolution:

With the left column on, and using the default style (ubbcentral - Blue) does this thread - and others containing a quote stretch the screen out causing you to scroll?

No problem with it as set at the moment. The quote box just reformats to fit the post window, whether the left-hand column is on or off.

As Bill and other mods. will know, I played around with photos to see the effect a couple of weeks ago. When a photo exceeds the message-window width you'll get a scroll bar at the bottom of that post only, not to scroll the whole screen as would happen with the old software.

If you're using 800x600 resolution, I would suggest turning off the left-hand column so that more width is available for photos, otherwise images of 500 pixels or so are likely to result in horizontal scrolling.

e57 #161136 03/30/07 04:53 PM
A
Originally Posted by e57

But- Just one little thing.... Do you think there might be some, ah... Don't take this the wrong way, but some more masculine looking smilies available? blush

Now why would we want to do that - I think it's masculine enough.

I want smilies with whiskers, eating steaks from a BBQ and drinking Man's beer.
Just kidding dear.
Good Lord, haven't we been de-nounced as men!.

In the 'Who's Online' box, what's the meaning of "invisible" and "anonymous"?

Alan

Wood work but can't!
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Originally Posted by Alan Belson
In the 'Who's Online' box, what's the meaning of "invisible" and "anonymous"?

Alan
Alan,

"Invisible" is someone who does not want to be seen and "anonymous" is someone who is either not a Member, or not logged in.

Bill

W
Bill
On other boards that I post on, they give you a grace period after posting to go back and edit spelling or other mistakes. You can edit mistakes in the first couple of minutes after posting without the edit stamp coming up on your post. Any chance of that on here??

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard