ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 233 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Okay, fair enough. For the record we have both Arrow and Acme wire staplers and I like them equally. And heck, if I had known about Acme 25AC and 37AC's I would have bought one just to see how they work.

So, Acme, how come this is the first time I'm hearing about them? I get every trade publication known to man and I have never seen one. Seems like an interesting new product like this deserves more than fine print on the bottom of a table on your web site don't you think? I had to look several times for the little information that there is.

Maybe a "What's New" link that goes to a page with a PICTURE of a 25AC fastening a cable with those unique staples perhaps?

Now I'm going to have to get one just to see what you are talking about.

-Hal

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

A
Your point about not having seen Acme product advertisements in trade publications is well taken.
For years we focussed sales of these products to the Telephony market and believe we were able to properly service that market by working closely with a few large and well established distributors, and attending certain trade shows.
More recently we've engaged the services of a nationwide network of independent reps who sell to the Electrical/Electronic, Datacom and Security Markets. By holding frequent "counter days" and having in-store product displays, we believe we can make most of the potential staple gun users aware of our products while keeping our prices low. Trade advertising is also a possibility.
We are indeed in the process of up-dating our web site.
Thanks for your comments.
Acme Staple Company.

Cat Servant
I'm glad everyone seems to think dtaples are OK...and I think I know now where the "no staples" rules started.

I'm loking at the latest Mohawk catalog, and in their "UTP Installation guide" it says:
"Do not use staples, either from a staple gun or mounting in a traditional manner with a hammer...."

I see no exception for any particular stapler. Mohawk goes on to say:

"D-rings, nail on straps, or velcro straps offer acceptable cable management techniques...."

Now, I would like to know if other cable makers have the same instructions.... and, if so, how ant tool maker can claim that his tool is "OK."

Broom Pusher and

I agree with you but a certification test will probably detect it. Even though the computers will work just fine the guys with the pocket protectors and tape on their glasses will get all bent out of shape over it.

LOL!!! [Linked Image]
LMAO!!! [Linked Image]

Had to laugh when reading Hal's post regarding CNE carrying Net Geeks and their "Skullnick" (sp???) appearance.

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
G
The 'no staples' rule started when the cable started getting installed (or shifted out of the way) using the Arrow T50 staplers that are used for insulation and vapor barriers. Those thing will squash the cable flat as a pancake if you don't know what you're doing.

Ghost307
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard