ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Try to answer a few questions.
Tom & Bjarney- Went back and reviewed old roll charts from recorder. The 127.1 was only a spike in March 2002. The average A to N=124.8, avg B to N=124.6, avg A to B=249.3. This is data from June 2001 til June 2002. I was able to get the POCO to set xfmr tap to provide these voltages as I have the dedicated pad mount. The lowest voltages appear at around 5:00 to 6:00 P.M. and the highest at about 3:00 to 4:00 A.M. although the averages for July and August are lower than February and March in both time frames.

Scjohn- I have RX, IMC, EMT, PVC 40. A minor amount of Greenfield for connections. All wire Cu, THHN or XHHW insulation. UG PVC have all GRS 90’s with tape-wrap.

Tom- I once used the term “split” in lieu of “bifurcated” in a paper at the University of Wisconsin. My prof nailed me for “inappropriate terminology”. Although this occurred about 50 years ago, I haven’t forgotten.

I have two meters as I work with trial systems with the POCO. Two each 52 gallon and one 40 gallon H2O’s furnished by POCO at $1.00 each. Rebates from POCO for installation of geothermal units (Wouldn’t have any other system after experiencing it). A by-product of the geothermal units is hot water. They are connected to the H2O’s and only one of the 52 gal units is electrically energized. My H2O’s and geothermal units may be shut down by radio signal from the Co-Op. I am able to by-pass the shut downs but at a much higher rate. My bill to cool the 4,000 sq. ft. has averaged approximately $26.00 per month for the past 9 summers. Geo is not as efficient for heating. Winter monthly has been as high as $121.00 (Outdoor temp -16 degrees F). Average is about $65-$70. Total monthly averages in the $250.00-$325.00 range based upon wholesale power adjustments.

Hang-ups: Hate trac lighting, AL conductors, ill conceived code paragraphs, cheap devices and fixtures, poor workmanship. That’s for starters.
Rowdy

J
Rowdy,

I feel the same about some builders. My sister-in-law is having a house built by a large national builder. The only options available are recessed lights,ceiling fans, receptacles, additional phone or cable tv. The way these are priced makes it hard to justify. $75 to $100 per addtl receptacle, $100 per phone or TV. No mention is made if these are CAT5 or whether they are all home runs. No option for structured wiring etc.

Her house will be almost obsolete before she moves in. Whose fault is this? The customer that doesn't know what is available, the builder with no time in the schedule for any deviation from the 3 day rough-in or the electrical contractor for not pushing for what is better in the long run? Any thoughts?

Jim

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard