ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
T
Tiger Offline OP
This looks like great software, and interfaces with Microsoft Office.

Is anyone using this with success?

Dave

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
B
Dave,
I just started using mine and it has been working great.

Jesus may have been a capenter,but God was an electrician.Genesis1:3
L
That's good to hear. We are getting ready to ugrade and QBooks was one of the three making the final cut. (Con-Est is a close second)

N
I just started using Quickbooks also and it has been working out great for me. I'v never used any of the other programs so I don't have anything to compare it to.

D
I've been using it for 4 months and it works great but the Inventory module is kind of weak.

E
Question,

When it comes to doing estimates, is it faster, slower, better or worse than doing it by hand?

I like to estimate while with the customer on the first visit, if possible, would it allow me to do this easily?

D
If you have your Groups and Assemblies set up it should work good for that. I'm still in the process of fine tuning

L
LK Offline
Tried it it, din't have good inventory flex, and the search for inventory was limited, also going in and out of sections was time consuming, look up features were also poor on search.
After trying just about everything, we found keeping our accounting, estimating and scheduling seperate worked best, QB pro for accounting, national estimator, for estimating, and AyaNova for Workorders and scheduling, the scheduling, and accounting can talk to each other, so this leaves us with one screen to take care of customers from phone call to invoice, and the cost was very light.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 12-01-2006).]

A
Did not use it to long. Gave it up for an accountant. I don't know if the contractors eddition was all that different from the standard eddition.

Link Copied to Clipboard