ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#158782 08/28/06 09:05 PM
C
copper Offline OP
I haven't posted in sometime, I've relocated to PA and started to buy some realestate which has been ok. I'm looking at estiblishing a contracting business in PA again push comes to shove with no management experience or overall business experience Mr.electric seems to be the best bet for me. I'm flying to waco this sept. to meet up with them to see how things go.I guess If i was an established contractor I wouldn't use MR.Electric, just a flat rate book and training. I get tired of even lowballing a job and not getting it. lol and I don't look like an dork or a beast. If I want to take it serous I"m thinking this is the only way to go. Yeah I could be a T&M guy and do new construction which there isn't anything wrong with that, to be able to sell a company is powerful to me.My brother inlaw has his own painting business and he is running around like a crazy man and still had to ask my dad for money. Yeah I see him golfing alot going on trips but It doesn't look right. I"m still weighing in all my options like nextstar or even finishing my BSEE. I just know about the E-myth the other stuff about having a business and not a job. This franshise seems to be growing pretty good.Can everyone give me some questions on what to ask at the meeting? with my lack of business skills My questions are limited. the unknown is scarey. if nothing more I will learn about a real business. whats your thoughts?negative positive please input.

"If your going to be stupid, You gotta be tough"
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#158783 08/28/06 11:20 PM
L
LK Offline
You said your moving to Pa, a lot will depend on where in Pa, city, or out in nowhere land, Outside the city limits, it's wild wild west for any contract work, anyone with a running pick-up, is a contractor, and multi trade at that, they can paint your home, cut your lawn, and wire you house all from the same truck, if you go with a national like Mr E. you may do well with calls, but you may also put 400 miles a day on your truck and have to start at 5AM and get back at 10PM, to make a days work.

I think for a young gent, that is serious about making it in the service business, could benifit from a national connection, as for the questions to ask, i would want all the information they have to offer, and not sign any agrements, until i had a lawyer review all the contracts, and go over all the terms and conditions with me.

Good hunting.

#158784 09/03/06 04:02 PM
Copper,
Sounds like you need to spend some time working for a quality contractor and learn the trade. Low balling doesn't work if you don't sound like you know what your talking about. no one will hire you. Know your product is the best advise for any salesman [Linked Image] The franchise will work if you put some good techs on thou.

Phil

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.

Link Copied to Clipboard