ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 270 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
R
Redsy Offline OP
OK, the neighbor from -ell has "turned me in" to the township for running my business from home.

I seem to fit the description of a "no-impact" home based business, which is permitted.

I have no signs, no large deliveries come here no employees come here, I store minimal inventory in my garage, and I only have one truck (mine).

Anyone have any insight?

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
D
Frozen Potato's....

Spelling the front yard with "Round-up"

Coke in the gas tank.

2 quarts of motor oil in his pool(if he has one)

Expanding foam in the mufflers.

Any of these what you are looking for? [Linked Image]

Cat Servant
Actually, what you mention is a sore point with many neighbors.

In Reno, even an author, writing books at home, and communicating through the internet...with NO visitors, NO shipments, etc... would be in violation of the ordinance.

It sounds as if you are in compliance with your town's ordinances, so... let the neighbor fume! Look at the bright side...some day, he'll want some work done- and you now have a ready excuse (I cant't, lest some fool turn me in for doing business out of my home!).

Such folks are miserable fools, who delight in spreading their unhappiness around. "No Este Basterdum Carburundum"

A
I PLAY MUSIC IN MY SHOP WHICH IS DIRECTLY BEHIND MY HOME BUT BEFORE I DID THIS I WENT TO THE NEIGHTBORS AND MADE SURE THAT IF I DISTURBED THEM IN ANY WAY TO PLEASE COME TO ME B4 TAKING IT FURTHER......THIS WORKED OUT WONDERFUL.... MADE NEW FRIENDS... AND GOT A LITTLE BUISNESS OUT OF IT ALSO...... PERSONALY I THINK THAT THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION IS THE PROBLEM HERE.. HEY I MIGHT BE WRONG BUT I FOUND OUT A LOOOOOOOOOONG TIME AGO THAT YOU CAN LURE MORE FLIES WITH HONEY THAN VINAGAR.

Link Copied to Clipboard