ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#158538 07/01/06 10:24 AM
J
Jim M Offline OP

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#158539 07/01/06 06:43 PM
T
I thought Mr. Sparky was already a part of Clockwork.

Dave

#158540 07/01/06 07:32 PM
Cat Servant
Thanks for the reminder, guys...

ECN has had folks from these firms post, as well as in the chats. Oddly enough, the idea that the franchise was being set up for aquisition, etc., was denied in the strongest of terms- yet here we see it played out, just as the most cynical had feared!

I guess the lesson to be learned is that many of these great "business plans" are thinly disguised sharks, looking for minnows to devour.

#158541 07/01/06 08:20 PM
Like Dave said I thought Mr Sparky was a part of ESI now and ESI has been on Clockworks site for months

#158542 07/03/06 11:25 AM
A
Clockwork already has pumbing and A/C franchises. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. One Hour Air Conditioning. Buying Mister Sparky lays the ground work for creating their electrical franchise. I'm not sure if it will be called Mister Sparky but I believe it will probably be called something else that implies showing up on time and delivering prompt service. "Just like clockwork."
Next will be roofing. They want to dominate the home services business.

Coming soon to your neighborhood.

Clockwork plans to double that number by year-end through both the franchisee process and by way of acquisition. The company also intends to rapidly grow its brand family with plans for the launch of new franchises for electrical contractors.

http://clockworkhomeservices.com/comp_profile.asp

https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum20/HTML/000343.html

[This message has been edited by A-Line (edited 07-03-2006).]

#158543 07/03/06 11:49 AM
B
Good morning- I am a founding member of ESI and have been in the organization for almost two years now. Just like all change, there are rumors that circulate and some are true and others are just plain speculation.
I joined ESI with the hopes of turning my business into something I would be proud to leave my children and something I could turn a profit on. I have done just that and more. However, I must say that you must be willing to work for your success, it doesn't come easy if you are not a hard worker.
Now, for the Mister Sparky acquisition. Like you, I had my speculations on the most recent business decision of Clockworks, but now I see it as a way to only grow my business more. ESI works for the independent contractor. In no way is Clockworks selling or throwing the franchise on ESI members. It is only another option for them to grow their business and brighten their future.

#158544 07/03/06 01:25 PM
A
I wanted to make it clear that I'm not against what Clock Work Home Services is doing. They have a good business plan. I do believe if you're in the service business they will have an effect on your business. Good or bad I don't know. If your business is profitable and your looking to retire this could be good news if they want to buy it. If your business is struggling this may be a way to get the help you need. Otherwise they could be a tough competitor to compete with.

I think as the shortage of electricians increases, there will be fewer electrical contractors as well. Large companies will aquire the smaller shops and continually gain market share.

#158545 08/02/06 09:59 PM
K
I too admire what Clockwork is doing. If we were all more ESi and less Mr. '87 Malibu station wagon, we ALL would benefit.

I do find it ironic and downright hilarious that the ESI members that paid $20k plus to join were assured they would have secure territories. BUT......

A Mr. Sparky franchise, with all the same benefits and knowledge as the paying ESI member may set up shop in the exact same town as an independent ESI member.

OOOPS.

Wonder what really is ESI's main priority? Their paid independant contractor members, or Clockworks bottom line.

This info is FACT before anyone pipes in and spins this around.

AGAIN, I admire ESI contractors. I hope your systems make you millions and I hope your example elevates the whole industry!

#158546 08/03/06 05:22 PM
B
Hello everyone- We pay to be in ESI for the knowledge and tools they give us to better ourselves and our business. We are guaranteed a territory, but a Mister Sparky franchise moving into my territory, IF that happens, will only benefit me. I would rather compete with a professional than a "cheap charlie" who charges $45.00 an hour, isn't drug tested and background checked and runs his company out of a rusted van with a "wash me" sign on the back.

#158547 08/03/06 05:28 PM
M
belecetrician,

couldn't agree with you more. The more the companies around me know about running a better business, the better it is for everyone. ]

good luck

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard