ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 209 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
For what it's worth, ya got a break in one leg. Probably had a "nick" in the insulation, moisture/water got to the Al conductor. Water, al, soil; mix it all together & bingo.....you wind up with an "open". It's OK with no load, cause the "open" didn't burn far enough apart yet.
I believe in pipe.....but there can be problems there also. Check that depth, direct burial is 24", right.
Personally, I would not "patch" it; if it happened once it can happen again, then you put patches on the patches.

Dig it, pipe it, pull it, & it's done.
100 amp feeder, 100', my shop, damn if it wouldn't be pipe & COPPER.

PS: Ypour profile says "sales" as a profession, I strongly suggest that you call a qualified ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR. BE SAFE.
John

John
P
One of the things that I like most about this site is that its members are both helpful AND polite. If Bayala had posted this question on Mike Holts NEC forum, he would have been ridiculed and belittled.

I'm proud to be a member of this site.

E
Pearlfish you are absolutley correct. I always save my wrath for the Mike Holt site. May have something to do with those rather expensive videos I purchaed over there. <bitter> Anyway have a wonderful evening fella. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Electricmanscott (edited 11-01-2002).]

R
I like pipe also, even for line voltage (120) yard lighting you still have to dig a trench, and the first cost is a little bit more, but if you oversize the conduit you can add a new circuit, or replace a bad wire without digging again. I believe the only use for ½" conduit is so large commercial electrical bidders can save money on large jobs.

N
I believe the only use for ½" conduit is so large commercial electrical bidders can save money on large jobs.

I work for one of those in which you refer to and as far as I am concerned 1/2" PVC does not exist! [Linked Image] (Well, you do have to use it for certain step lights and such. That is how big the hub is.)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard