ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 263 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Cat Servant
I recently had occasion to visit a paint store, and get a few gallons. I also had to visit a plumbing house for a float switch.

This brings up the question: Do you open accounts everwhere you do business, or just the places you go to every day? Every week? At what point do you decide to open an account?

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
T
I open accounts at electrical suppliers. Everyone else gets the plastic.

Dave

J
I use plastic everywhere. My 5% cash back card just sent me a cancellation notice. It read something to the effect "due to business reasons, we have decided to close your account". Interesting timing, they just mailed me a $500 cash back check. I'll get them for another couple hundred this month.

But the way I read it is... "since inception of our credit relationship, where we entice you into accepting all of our too good to be true offers, and then crouch and wait for you to violate one of our hidden technicalities so we can bury you in fees and pentaties to help us pay for all we 'give' you, we have found that your account is paid off monthly and is only costing us money. We can no longer operate this way"

But if I did have accounts, they'd be at electrical suppliers and then wholesalers like Grainger.

Cat Servant
Keep in mind the price difference there often is between an "open account" and a "cash" sale at many suppliers. Pay cash, and you often are charged full retail; have an account, and you get the 'trade' price.

Link Copied to Clipboard