ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while but been busy on the sidelines reading the threads. Got a question. I'm trying to take advantage of the the Energy Bill recently signed into law by President Bush. Have any of you had any success with selling an energy effecient package of some sort? Commercial or resi? I'm talking occu sensors, solar, fuel cell, more energy effecient lighting, etc.? Pretty attractive tax incentives avail for a couple of years and I was wondering if anyone else is having any luck.

Thanx,

Steve

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
D
Steve, do you have the bill number?

or a link to it?any details?

I am doing some small stuff with occu sensors and lightning but nothing on a grand scale. I am getting into the billing side of things a little bit...the results are amazing.

Dnk..

[This message has been edited by Dnkldorf (edited 03-22-2006).]

S
Got some Dnk,

EPAct 2005 offers accelerated Tax deductions for more energy efficient lighting. The one I had researched more was the Energy Bill signed n2 law last year that grants a Tax Credit,a $ for $ tax write-off(Federal) up to $2000 for residential and unlimited for businesses. Different states have sided in as well.

I'm a small shop just trying to carve out a living. Did get through to the IRS, yes, I voluntarily called THEM, and they sent me some "Office of Communications" releases that tells you how to qualify for the tax credits. Some of it so new, they are not sure how they will do it yet. The IRS NEWS RELEASE #'S are: IR-2006-34,IR-2006-32 and FS-2006-14.

If we could package up a "No Brainer" for the customer, maybe we can take that vacation!

Good luck, let me know if you would!

None of us are as smart as all of us.

Steve

Broom Pusher and
Not calling myself an "Energy Efficiency Expert" by any means,... but...

Anyone working in the trade here in California, deals with Energy Efficiency Compliance in one way or another. Some more directly than others.

Here is the CEC (Cal. Energy Commission) home page, which may assist you a little (or confuse you a lot):
http://www.energy.ca.gov/title24/

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!

Link Copied to Clipboard