ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#157999 03/09/06 01:30 AM
N
nov Offline OP
I was looking for some opions on co- advertising with a plumbing/HVAC company. Where to start, what are some bullet points to have in the contract between the to companies, is anyone out there doing this type of setup?
They are two seperate companies as of now that would like to offer the servies of both companies to the customers.

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
W
We do an amazing amount of volume from our friendly plumbing and HVAC companies we have aligned with. We never, ever co-advertise simply because each one of us has a very clear message to get to the customer. Now once the phone rings and a tech is dispatched, we try to maximize our advertising dollars by refferring each other. We have established a friendly game amongst all the techs from each company, and we reward them for each lead generated. I opened up our schedule and looked for this past week, and we have run 4 calls this week from referral, and referred 2 back.
That way if we decide to change our alliances, the ads aren't out there. The best advertising you can get is in the home from the techs mouth.Rather than spending more on advertising, first make the most of each and every call that each tech from each company is running. Your employees are crawling by work for your friends in the plumbing and HVAC business every day. Why spend money to capture that work just yet?

T
I am just trying to get my business off the ground.I have no experience doing residential,and would like to perform just commercial /industrial. I plan on going after mechanical contractors for work.Where I live mechanical contractors are almost becoming generals.They usually take on the sheet metal,plumbing &steamfitting sprinklers and temperature control.It seems mech. cont. need electricians.Most mech equip.is not part of the elect contract as far as control goes.a/c,refridg. equip.,boilers,furnaces etc. is all pretty easy stuff to do,although ddc,automated building systems is a little more technicaland requires the use of a engineer/programmer.I think rather than advertise with a plumber,the plumber should advertise he does electrical and sub it to you and then he could step on your price and make a few bucks for himself.

Cat Servant
It is a very good idea to work together with plumbing and HVAC companies. I have done a fair amount of work like this, and there are no set rules.
First of all, I don't advertise together with them. Indeed, I don't advertise at all! One advantage of these informal partnerships is that your customers already know where to find you.

The most common situation is where one of use willact as the "prime" contractor on a job, and my price is part of the bid submitted. In these situations, depending upon the parties involved, I may be paid by the final customer, or by the other contractor. Either way, my price is the same.

Another situation arises when, say, the plumber is called to fix something- then discovers that the electrical is a mess as well. In that case, the plumber is actually my customer; I answer his call, and get paid by him.

One thing to remember about the second type of arrangement is that you will have to respond immediately....the plumber is there waiti ng for you!

T
thanx for the encouraging response.im hoping i can use this kind of work to get my business off the ground.

Link Copied to Clipboard