ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 466 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#15815 10/31/02 06:28 PM
F
I have a 1950 Farmall H tractor that was my dad's. I've restored it and like to tinker around with it. I found a 1951 John Deere 2 bottom hydraulic lift plow this spring and plowed the wife's garden as well as any other ground I could find that needed plowin'. It was fun but I couldn't imaging farming 300 acres with an H and a 2 bottom plow like he did for 50 years! Other than antique farm equipment I like cruising the country roads on my bicycle. Last summer the wife and I averaged 400 miles a month but things were too busy this year for that much peddling.

#15816 11/01/02 07:13 AM
S
jealously eyeballing Fred's tractor ..
[Linked Image]

just got my 'pigs' back, the biggest was 318 lb's !

not bad for a spring-fall pig.....

#15817 11/01/02 07:12 PM
R
Woodworking, fishing, gardening, and my old 67 harley. Gramps you're a man after my own heart. I had a 58 I would love to have back.

Roger

#15818 11/03/02 04:44 AM
P
Most of you probably know by now that I work in electronics as well. I particularly like to pick-up and restore old radios, record players, etc. I'm also quite crazy about telephones (used to work for the phone co. over here) and all associated communications equipment.

I'm also an avid collector of old records -- Last count I have about 3500 LPs, 45s, and 78s, mostly 1940s-1960s popular music, light jazz, rock 'n' roll, and country.

I like the old cars too, although I don't have a lot of time for that. The oldest American car I've owned was a '66 Plymouth Barracuda. I tend to prefer family sedans and stations wagons on the whole though. Had a nice '72 Pontiac LeMans sedan for a few years.

#15819 11/03/02 07:58 PM
H
Hey Trainwire,

Are you talking about the live steam trains? The are very popular around here and it is a serious hobby. I rode on some live steam trains years ago on someone farm out here in NJ.

#15820 11/16/02 12:20 AM
Z
Hang-gliding! used to fly a whole lot more then I do now. Don't know why i don't fly as much as I used to. Could be married life or contracting. Hopefully next summer i'll be able to spend more time in the air. Sure wish I could spend more time in the woods chasing deer and elk. I figured owning my own company would give me more time to do the things I enjoy. I knew naming my company 24 hour electric was a mistake

#15821 11/16/02 03:50 AM
Broom Pusher and
Beside the "Geek Stuff" (anything computer related or design / engineering related), I manage to turn off the monitor and mess with model trains, chase full scale trains, dabble a little bit in RC cars, try to use cameras, fly a kite or simply chase it, look at stars and planets via telescope, play my drums and become obnoxious when certain friends visit.

Need to make this statement:
My wife is very tolerant!!!

Scott s.e.t.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#15822 11/16/02 07:36 AM
P
PJM Offline
I have seasonal hobbies: In the fairer weather, motorcycling is my vice. In particular, high performance Japanese superbikes, which I occasionally take to the track. (Knockhill in Scotland being my favorite).

Winter time causes be to break out the guitar collection, electric, acoustic and bass, and using my midi keyboard and 4 track portastudio, I can get some pretty good tunes down. Next step is an electronic drum kit so I can do everything myself.

Throughout the year, I build and repair PC's. As our company is heavily involved in home automation and data cabling, the PC side is becoming more useful in setting up customers networks, and integrating their household systems.

As a newcomer to the US, I also find my self reading the NEC instead of a bedtime story, which has helped me get reasonably up to speed on code.

#15823 11/16/02 08:51 AM
W
Besides work, I try to grow as much of my families food as possible. Wish I had enough time for pigs again, tasty bacon and sausages [Linked Image]. We have a few chickens for eggs and I've Been thinking of getting a cow for pasture maintenance and of course steaks [Linked Image]
Been restoring a big block 67 Mustang for many years, haven't been very diligent lately.
In the winter my biggest vice [Linked Image] is UMaine hockey, can't get enough college hockey!!!!.

#15824 11/16/02 09:31 AM
I fish whenever the ocean bite is on & I've got the time. Gardening is a must (we've got about a gazillion tropical plants).
A couple of months ago I got a new guitar (hadn't owned one in 25 years) and per Sparky66's suggestion (THX, Virgil, I love it) a new Marshall amp. Trying to get my fingers back to a limber condition after >30 yrs of wirenut twisting, plier squeezing, and screwdriver turning has become quite a challenge. [Linked Image]
Before I moved back to the city, I used to winter from 100-200 horses (used at kid's camps, etc. during the summer). This left NO time for anything else! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 11-16-2002).]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard