ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Cat Servant
Tom Peters -NO connection to the ESI guy- came to notice with his book "In Search of Excellence." Several other books, each the size of a phone book, followed- each elaborating and expanding upon points raised in the first.

Don't buy them- get them at the library. Even then, you need only read the first chapter, the "overview," to get the lessons he's documented in the rest of the book.

While absolutely lacking in specific "how to," they do give great insights into how successful companies operate.

David Halberstam wrote :The Reconing", about the battle between Toyota and Ford. This book also gives some insights into the pitfalls to avoid.

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
E-Myth for Contractors by Mike Gerber. Small book,with LOTS of bussiness insight...

I am about 3/4 the way though this book my self been busy with new service software and I hope to read it again soon also.

I will pass it on to my girl friend so she has an idea about the family issues mentioned in the book.

[This message has been edited by dougwells (edited 11-16-2006).]

T
Tiger Offline OP
Just ask Doug for tips on "What Not To Do With Your Girlfriend".

Dave

I can Add "How much should I charge" by Ellen Rohr

L
LK Offline
"I can Add "How much should I charge" by Ellen Rohr"

She just wrote that book, to use up extra paper laying around, besides that, why read a book, when i can just call a few contractors and find out what they charge, heck there are plenty of them in the phone book, and i see neew ones every year, the older ones must be really busy, because they are NOT IN THE BOOK ANY MORE!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard