ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
collb Offline OP
Hello all... I am getting ready in the next week or so to write up my first estimate. But I really don't have a contract 'layout' or really know how to write one. If I remember correctly, I think on this site, someone had a really good contract and I remember several people commended how good it was. By chance does any one remember who that person was (or the url to the thread), or would be willing to send over one that you use so I can take a look at it and taylor it more to my needs. I would just really like to see something and just use it as a guideline to base my on.

The one I remember reading about here was about 6 pages(?). Or if you would happen to have the url to the thread of this person that would work also and I can try to contact them by that means.

If any one would be willing to help out you can contact me directly at collb (AT) jaxen (DOT) com

Thanks to all that can help.
Coll

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
A
You learn to write by getting a bad deal or problem in the past. Like at the end of the job when there is a problem and you say to yourself I wish I just put something on paper at the beginning.

At the end of one generator job I had some ideas I wished I included like:
Truck over weight limet permits not included
Gas meter upgrade costs not included
Landscaping work not included
All village costs not included

Sparky134 had the contract your talking about.

Tom

S
collb, e-mail me or put an e-mail addy in your profile. I have a decent one you can look at and modify to suit you.

Speedy Petey

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
H
Contract legalities vary greatly by localities. What may be legal in New York would not be legal in California for instance. Sparky's contract may work for him but unless you run it by an attorney is could be useless for you. I suggest that you contact an attorney well versed in construction and consumer law to create the basics.

I also second Active 1's advice. My contract is added to each time I come across a situation that has or may have the potential to create problems.

-Hal

C
collb Offline OP
Hi Speedy... I have already sent an email to ya [Linked Image]

D
May I have that contract as well if you don't mind? Just to get an idea.

Thank you.

Link Copied to Clipboard