ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Bob' have you ever considered leaving the area for greener pastures. I may be wrong but I think there are areas of the country that are not likely to bounce back anytime in the near future. I grew up in a depressed area and it took 30 years for things to get better. The people that stayed have done well as property value's have improved and industry has moved in but that's a long wait. Just an idea. It's hard to find customers when people don't have the money to spend.

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
B
BobH Offline OP
Yep, think about it all the time. Someplace with a better climate overall and a more affluent clientele. I'm flipping a property right now and have to get it finished and sold and then I may be heading for greener pastures. Just have to decide where, lol. I'll have to do a lot of research first I guess. I'm real sick of these nasty winters when business just stops altogether for months at a time. Heck, even when I was working for a big contractor we were sent home early or told not to come in at all in the winter time cause business was dead.

L
While on vacation recently in Kona, Hawaii (Big Island) I spoke with several tradesmen and they told me an EC would not ever want for work there. Apparently there is more work than EC's to do it. Average is $65-75/hr. Can't get much better weather than that!!

D
Yeah, the hourly is great in HI, but paying double the "48" price for things like popcorn and peanut butter would eat it up eventually...

Sunshine, waving palm trees, beautiful dusky maidens draping garlands of flowers round your neck, endless sandy beaches, sea breezes, free coconuts, the Pacific Ocean lapping on golden shores, plenty of work, wonderful seafood, $65 an hour + , and you're worried about the cost of peanut butter?! [Linked Image]
I'm flabbergastificated!

Alan

Wood work but can't!
G
I was just reading the qualifications for electrical licensing in Hawaii ( an old book). (1) Be not less than 18 years of age.
I've got that one covered. (2). Have a good reputation for honesty, truthfulness, financial integerty and fair dealing. Now where on earth are you going to find someone like that? Is it any wonder that there is more work than electricians. They eliminate 99% of the population right off. I knew it sounded too good to be true.

Oh well, (sigh). I expect it'll be too hot too, and I bet theres lots of bugs, flies, mosquitos, snakes and stuff. And what if a volcano goes off? And you'd soon tire of all the free coconuts, and be yearning for a good ol' peanut butter sandwich and some popcorn.
Pity about them dusky maidens though!

Aloha!

[This message has been edited by Alan Belson (edited 07-13-2005).]

Wood work but can't!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard