ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
When charging the 4hr minimum, has your customer ever said " since I have you for 3.5 more hours I need you to....

Rob

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
L
LK Offline
You have an hour travel time, that leaves 3 hours, and let's say you fixed the problem in ten minutes, your min charge was lets say $360 , when they call you don't say min 4 hours, you say min charge $360, you quote service call rate not hours.
If you quote hours, then you are open to argument.

D
The problem there LK is that the guy sees a $360 bill for 1 hour and ten minutes work.

Then another guy, comes along and does a T&M charge at $75/hr, charges him 2 hours and 10 minutes, and saves the guy $200.

Who do you think he calls next time?

There is good and bad with everyway going, you just got to know your market and your customer base.

Dnk.....

L
LK Offline
I can assure you, chances are pretty good that the guy charging $75 an hour and billing for only two hours, doing industrial work may not be around for the next call.

Most industrial accounts want service, not price, when i first started doing industrial work, they would come out look at my truck, see if it was a late model, and well stocked, along with checking our finances, and insurance coverages, these accounts are looking for vendors, that will be around for a while.
Early on i tried that lowball pricing on industrial accounts, and all it assured was never a call back.
What will assure a call back, is when you are there, doing your best at solving their problem, and going that extra step to give them your best.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 05-15-2005).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard