ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#156278 04/16/05 01:36 PM
E
Why is it that we have to fill out a credit app for a supply house, but we don't make our customers(mainly GC's) do the same?

All we need is who is your Plumber, HVAC, Painter, etc. Then call them and find out how long they've worked for the guy and how he pays. If they all say this is the first or second job or the guy slow pays, then this would be a big red flag!

The main reason we don't is that we know there are 10 other EC's waiting for the job. And the contractor knows this also. Recently I've been doing this in an informal way by just asking who the other subs are without a formal application and calling. I'm looking for GC's that have long track records with their subs and I don't want to bother with the GC's that change subs every other job either for a lower price or bad pay.

I would also be interested in a network that subs and GC's could participate in to rate each other as to payment for the GC and for reliability and qulity for the sub.

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#156279 04/16/05 03:40 PM
D
Hot topic I guess,

I hope Bill doesn't wipe this out, but informally, what do you think a service like this would be worth to you?

Anyone know what a site cost to construct for this and what the upkeep might be?

Bill if this is considered soliciting, just wipe it off, I'm just looking to see ideas and what it would cost to start.

Just tossing out ideas..

Dnk...

#156280 04/21/05 07:56 AM
J
in the trucking industry, the truck companies use a service called DAC out of Oklahoma, to track the driving and work record of truck drivers, I wonder if you could look up their website and steal some ideas from them? just a thought, doesn't cost anything.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard