ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 102 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#155767 02/04/05 09:58 AM
S
I went on a site taken from the McGraw Hill Dodge Construction Report site, called Improvenet. Does anyone know the credibility of this service. It says it sends you leads to jobs in your area etc. They say they charge only for jobs that you accept, plus a membership fee. Just wondering if it is legit?? Thanks Steve

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#155768 02/04/05 12:42 PM
D
I've had these calls before. Wouldn't it be nice to have a print for a project and get $50 from 30 sub-contractors for the honor of bidding on your project? Wouldn't it be even nicer if you could get 300 sub-contractors to bid on it? I've always thought it was enough that I bid it for free...I'm not paying for a shot at a project.

I put this with..."a sucker is born every minute".

Dave

#155769 02/04/05 03:58 PM
S
I guess it would be good to them, but I guess I was looking at the prospects of work for me when I don't have any, although I do hate to take the time to bid a big job and then not get it, and have to pay to bid on it too.
I'm just grasping at straws I guess, while waiting at the house for "calls" to come in.
Steve

#155770 02/04/05 06:30 PM
B
Does your area have a Daily Journal Of Commerce Paper? Our area has a site called builders exchange (BXWA.com). You have to be a member to get plans off the site, however there are ways to get plans by calling the general contractors that are listed on the site and getting their pass codes for each job they list. Suprisingly, they usually give them out if you are a legitimate bidder. It may sound like trying to go through the backdoor, but it has worked for us. We ended up getting a membership (1700.00), because it does pay for itself. We have not tried other planrooms like dodge, aeplans, bluebook etc. Good luck - Cheryl

Buck
#155771 02/05/05 03:32 PM
J
If I remeber corerectly Improvenet has stopped with the bid fees and olny has Win fees now. Win fees are based on the price of the job.
www.improvenetpro.com has the fee schedules.

SERVICE PROVIDER EDITION

New ImproveNet Pricing Options!
You Asked For NO Win Fees - We Listened!

ImproveNet: Dedicated to Making Our Contractors Successful

ImproveNet is in constant contact with our contractors, architects and designers. When we say we want to hear from you-we truly do.

By rolling out our new pricing plan, we are working toward creating an ImproveNet that is easier to work with and truly helps you grow your business.

This type of change only happens with your input.

Please continue forwarding your input directly to our CEO at ceo@improvenet.com. Not only do we listen, but we take action.

Thank you for your commitment to ImproveNet! We look forward to growing with you for years to come.

No win fees
Low monthly dues
Free website
Free email
Click here to join the Pro or Master Builder plan today!
ImproveNet is proud to announce we've developed an alternate pricing plan-with no win fees.

Now you can choose from the Standard Plan, Pro Contractor Plan, or Master Builder Plan and receive the same great quality leads without the hassles and costs associated with win fees.

But we didn't stop there. Not only have we created plans with no win fees, but we've added new features that are designed to make you more successful.
No win fees
Low monthly dues
Free website
Free email
Click here to join the Pro or Master Builder plan today!

Depending on which plan fits your needs the best, you can have the value added benefits of free email and free websites-and soon, even more features.
How do the new plans work?
What if I want to stay on the old plan? Where can I sign up?
Glad you asked! Below you'll find a quick outline of the features and benefits of each of the three no-win-fee plans as well links and contact information for joining. All you need to do is choose a plan that's right for you. You can sign up online now or you can call
888-777-2212 - one of our Contractor Recruiters will be happy to switch your plan or answer any questions you may have. And remember, these plans have no set up fees and no long-term commitment - so try it today!

By the way, if you are happy with the current plan, you can remain on that pricing schedule. No action is required.

Plan Outlines
There are three plan options: Standard Plan, Pro Contractor Plan, or Master Builder Plan. Each is designed to provide contractors a plan that suits their lead buying needs.
Fee Structure / Benefits Standard Pro Contractor Master Builder
Monthly Dues None $29.99 $199.99
Win Fees None None None
Free Website ($19.99 value)
Free Email ($9.99 value)
Lead Discounts
Dedicated Acct Rep ($19.99 value)

Lead Fee Pricing
Job Size / Cost Standard Pro Contractor Master Builder
$0-999 $10 $7 $5
$1,000-$4,999 $15 $10 $8
$5,000-$9,999 $32 $25 $16
$10,000-$24,999 $65 $50 $32
$25,000-$50,000 $100 $75 $50
Over $50k $120 $100 $60

Sorry for the poorly formatted posting. It was copied from an email. I can forward the email if you want it.

[This message has been edited by Jim M (edited 02-05-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Jim M (edited 02-06-2005).]

#155772 02/06/05 05:24 PM
D
Maybe you can explain the "No Win Fees!!!".

That's the one condition I wouldn't mind paying a fee! A "low monthly fee" keeps you paying if you're getting contracts or NOT. Paying a fee when winning the bid would be like paying a commission. I'd be interested in one that says you only pay if you win the bid, with "No monthly fee, no lead fee".

Dave

Link Copied to Clipboard