ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 506 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Sparky, you are preachin' to the choir!

Not for a minute do I doubt your talents and accomplishments. I've seen this many times in our "type". I doesn't take any brains to follow the crowd and that's probably why we decided to do what we do.

-Hal

[This message has been edited by hbiss (edited 01-21-2005).]

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
D
I don't get much in the way of feelings of contempt from my customers. We usually go more for friendliness.

And I'm really happy that everyone send their kids to college. That makes for a lot less competition in our field.

The e-mail is posted now, Richard.

Dave

Virgil

Hope i spelled it right [Linked Image]

I have been in your situation more times than i would like. Hummm still am come to think of it.I am 47 years old and still trying to learn this One Man Show that i call an electrical business. If it wasn't for all the Info and help that i received on this forum I am not sure if i would have survived doing electrical work. For the Last 6 years i have been installing Satellite systems for the Canadian dish company to make ends meet.
They took 5 years to start using me more full time but i did 41,000 worth of work for them and it cost me 32,000 last year. [Linked Image]
the electrical just broke even. When The peanut butter jar is empty i have had to take that 25.00 per hr and 15 percent markup
it really tough to make a go of it but I am going to try and start quoting flat rate.

BTW i downloaded your previous calculator when i did a search of ecn a year ago. I really liked how everything down to marrettes were listed. [Linked Image]
I haven't used it yet but it sure made it easier for determining what i should have for van stock.

H
I don't get much in the way of feelings of contempt from my customers. We usually go more for friendliness.

I always try to keep it that way also and I believe I've been pretty sucessful. I'm usually pretty good at judging other people's feelings and I can tell right off if they wouldn't want to find me dating their daughter. [Linked Image]

And I'm really happy that everyone send their kids to college. That makes for a lot less competition in our field.

Well maybe so for now but what about the future? Suppose 20 years from now you can't find qualified people to hire when you need help and you are the only EC in town?

-Hal

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard