ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#155428 01/13/05 04:33 AM
N
kiwish?,
My friend purchased a 2004 Sprinter with duellies, the highest top, crank type ladder rack, bins, divider and the total bill was $35000.00. He was pleased. Hope his ladder rack never fails, he'll get a nose bleed going up there to fix it. Lovely van. Before I die I hope to buy. I'm at that age where I have to buy fast growing trees.
Ron

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#155429 01/15/05 06:08 PM
D
I drive a fullsize Chevy - had a cap, but no side access. The only close compromise I could see would be an ARE 'DRU style' cap (aluminum with the side-mounted tool boxes where the windows normally go), but there's still a lot of wasted space.

My buddy (ex-foreman) drives a 2500 Chevy 4WD w/ a Reading utility body with drawers and bins inside most of the cabinets. He made some 'custom' partitions to allow bins and long tools to co-exist. He's a Lt. on our VFD, and also mounts a quick-mount plow on the front for a few 'friends and family' accounts. It's nice in the winter when we were the first ones there to be able to plow our way in - instead of following the ruts left by other contractors. 4wd helps when responding to fire calls as well.

He hated crawling around in our bosses van (e-250) - seems like everything wound up on the floor, or behind the stuff that was on the floor. He's got all his parts and such organized pretty well.

Before our shop folded, he also had (2) of the 96" long 'topside' type boxes on top of the side cabinets for extra storage. A lot of room, and everything had a place. Not as much room as Tom (Active 1's) step van, but pretty decent. Now that he works for a shop with vans (and he's not the mobile supply depot), he dismounted the topside boxes.

I've been looking at a service/utility body that's 128" long, with a low-rise sliding roof. This will enable me to haul sticks + supplies inside the body, out of the elements and secure from crackheads (a problem with my foreman's rig). It'll be a little bit longer than my current LB chevy, but not much.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard