ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 220 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#155321 12/23/04 07:51 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
For those of you that run Companies.
Do you ever have meetings after work, say on a Friday night, with a few drinks and nibbles and tell the staff how things are going?.
Any good Boss should and even if it is the chance to have a bit of a "pep-talk", it's time well spent!.
Employees like being told that they are doing a good job and it keeps thier work rate up.
Plus, it can be a good chance to hear some of the employee's concerns too.
Personally, we do this at the PoCo where I work, every 3 weeks, on a Friday night and it never fails to bring up a few points from both sides.
No pressure to say anything though, but if you do, you won't get shot down in flames, like you could do during the working week!.
We're all trying to make this business more efficient and profitable, everyone's ideas help!. [Linked Image]

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
S
Trump, we do have monthly Safety Talks where it is OK to say and get by with just about anything. I always tell them that "None of us is as smart as all of us". We all have different perspectives. I heard a story that is how elevators were first designed to go on the outside of skyscrapers. Supposedly the engineers were all walking around scratching their heads and thinking of all the hassel it was going to be to add a new elevator to an existing building. The janitor overheard and was imagining the mess HE would be dealing with and suggested installing it outside, totally out of his area! Everybody won.

On another note, speaking of getting together, I wonder if possible for all of us to congregate sometime, somewhere warm. We just received a foot of snow here in southern Illinois, which is unusual. Whad'ya think? Some central location?

Let's keep raising the standard.

Steve

D
I work alone, Mike. Does it count that I talk to myself sometimes? This forum has helped me a lot to get my head out of my work and on my business, and to bounce some ideas around.

Dave

F
I do a lot of work for a large GC that has 25 employees. They have an hour-long meeting every Monday AM and supply donuts,coffee and juice. They bring everybody up to speed on the various jobs they have going on and on what jobs they have coming up on the schedule. They also tell what they are bidding on and get feedback from the crews in order to give their customers realistic time lines on the jobs. They often include me in these meetings as well as their plumbers and HVAC contractors. It helps keep everybody on the same page. It also fosters better teamwork between their crews and the other trades and between subs. They are a great company to work with.

Link Copied to Clipboard