ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
If we charged those kind of prices,that would include a 7 day all expense vacation with the new sevice.

You have to remember that the cost of living varies greatly from one part of the country to another. That's why a house that costs nearly $900K here in Westchester County NY would be worth barely $170K in in other parts of the state or country.

Just like housing prices everything else is more expensive also. That's why we have to charge what we do in order to make a profit and a living.

-Hal

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
A
Nov,

What's your companies address, I want to send them a Christmass Card Too.

If the company is selling them then why complain. A bisness sole purpose is too make money. If you can make a nice living working for them then why complain. Maybe they are better busness people then a lot of us.

We don't know the costs, bills, overhead, etc. whit your place. Maybe they took a big hit this year from the material price increases or non paying customers. Maybe your company can afford to pay for good wages and benifits for the emploiees. Is there someone in an office to answer the phone? Does your company have nice trucks well stocked? Do you have the right equipment in good condition provided? It is so difficult to understand the costs of a business unless your paying the bills.

I don't know if your thinking "I'm only getting $XX per hour doing the work and the materials cant cost that much and they charge this". If you ever do have your own bisness you'll find out it can cost a lot just to be open.

Tom

L
LK Offline
Test your pricing,

Can you replace your truck every 3 to 5 years.

Are you paying your employees, and or yourself good wages.

Do you have full medical and dental coverage.

Do you have a 401K that you fund each week.

Do you carry the proper amount of insurance.

Do you have accounting and payroll service.

Do you invest, in promoting you business in ad's

Do you have someone answer the phone.

If you answer yes to all these questions, then you may be selling a $3,000 200A Service.

Z
Only in The Peoples Republic Of N.J. can this happen.
And when they come here to PA. they are the cheapest sob's around, want everything for nothing!

Shoot first, apologize later.....maybe
W
Amen Zapped. People here in PA can be kinda cheap.

Patrick
P
The costs to run a business and stay in business are astronomical! I think over 80% of us small contractors will fail within 10 years. You can't price by what the others are charging----- they are all going out of business!

Pat

Power to the people
P
Tired Electrician: I'm busting my butt, working 12 hour days and I can't get caught up with all the work!
Wise Mentor: Double your rates.
Tired Electrician: But I'll only have half the work.
Wise Mentor: Do the math, grasshopper.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard