ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
D
detubbs Offline OP
what do you guys average as overhead as far as % on bids? and what % proffit do you guys run?

i'm confused ont he overhead %. it's easier to break it down into hourly overhead as opposed to %. how do you guys break down your overhead into job %?

don't give away your gaurded-job winning secret or anything i'm just looking for a ball-park figure for the proffit and how to turn your OH into a %.

Scott
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
A
I don't have the program but maybe I can help.

Simple example:
$25,000 OH bills
Devided by (can't find the symbol)
$100,000 Sales
-----------------
0.25 or 25%

You neeed to go off last years totals or use this years and adjust for missing months. To adjust for missing months devide your totals by the number of months you do have this year then multiply by 12.

An accountant can give you total % for the month and year to date for all your catigories.

Right now we are at 25% OH but it does not account for recievables (money due).

I can't help you with a proffit percentage. I would say that if the company is not making a proffit (after paying you) than what is it doing besides keeping you busy. To an outside person a company not making a proffit is not worth much more than equipment and something for having an established customer base.

Tom

L
LK Offline
Quote:

"your gaurded-job winning secret"

Quality work, with prompt service, and giving the customer more then they expected.

The low bidder may win the job, but loose the customer, a good percentage of our jobs come from customers, that had lowbid jobs done.

Once you have your operating figures, and added profit, then you are ready to bid, at you price, you may be high or you may be low, you may not win them all, but you will not lose.

Link Copied to Clipboard