ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
A-Line Offline OP
Do you concentrate on providing better service than your competitors or a lower price? I try to provide better service and charge a higher price.

It seems to me that too many businesses are trying to operate their company so that they can charge less than the competition when they should be trying to operate their company so that they can charge more than the competition.

[This message has been edited by A-Line (edited 11-21-2004).]

[This message has been edited by A-Line (edited 11-21-2004).]

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
E
I agree 100%. When I first started out I always tried to be the cheapest to give the customer the best value and make sure I got the job. I soon learned that value isn't always represented best in the price, but in the service. I knew I could raise my prices when my customers would get the invoice and ask "are you sure that's enough?". Now I don't compete at all on price and don't want the customer that's only concerned with price. It scares me when I find out we're low bid now, I wonder if we forgot to include something(like profit).

[This message has been edited by Electric Eagle (edited 11-21-2004).]

D
I also strive for better service, A-Line. Lowest price will leave you starving. Isn't the whole idea of having your own business (aside from independence) to earn a decent living?

Dave

A
I think that link A-line provided sums it up the best.http://www.pmmag.com I'm in this business to make money and provide good service,the discount price guys don't stay in business long.(though they're always very busy right to the end)

S
Well we try to offer wat better service than our comp and keep our prices somewhat down but after it is all said and done we have to pay all our bills and make a living. we also understand that no matter what we cannot contend with the hacks out there, you know the ones that claim to be pro handymans the ones that say they paint build plumb wire powerwash walk your dog etc..........

Link Copied to Clipboard