ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 265 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
F
fireftr Offline OP
A person in my shop asked me why his fridge shocked him while touching it and a water line. He told me someone else (shadetree electrician) just told him to connect a ground wire from the fridge to the water line and he wouldn't get shocked which he did. I advised him he better check his fridge for a problem and get it repaired before someone got hurt.

C
I do remember vividly that once I was moving a washing machine away from the wall and after the first pull, I moved my hand to get a better grip and laid my hands on the 110 power lead screws. Someone did not replace the sheetmetal cover over the connections! [Linked Image]
That was the first and only time I experienced not being able to let go while I was being juiced!

S
LOL!, said individual has probably created a parrallel noodle, and shadetree electric may in fact get the same complaint re; shower, sink, outside facuet, etc....

M
MJR Offline
I remember visiting my father-in-law some years ago at his new apartment (in New Orleans) and he told me that he would get a shock whenever he took a shower from the water spray! Of course, being my in-law I promptly told him he was nuts. The next morning when I was in the shower, I'll be darned if the same thing didn't happen to me! I went outside and crawled under the house (no basements on most houses in New Orleans, you know) and I noticed a piece of romex with a tear in the insulation near the water line. It wasn't secured and neither was the pipe. Everytime you turned on the shower, the pipe would move around and come in contact with the wire! Who would've guessed that I'd have to apologize to him??

W
A neighbor a few doors down the street, said something weird was going on with his lights.

A tree limb had hit the service drop and pulled the neutral on the triplex loose at the service entrance.

I explained the problem and temperarily fixed it until the PoCo. could come out.

He said, for the last two weeks,that every time they took a bath or washed their hands, the water tingled.

I told him he was already dead and just didn't know it.

Link Copied to Clipboard