ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 387 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#152837 02/28/06 11:25 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
This thread is Off-Topic

Sorry guys,
I was taking out a couple of my rantings the other night and I should have done it with a bit more sleep under my belt.
Anyway I ended up deleting the whole thing.
But to start a new one, what were you doing on the 1st of March 1977?.

Go ahead guys, at my expense:

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 03-15-2006).]

G
March 1st, 1977

I was still pushing a service truck around Washington, D.C. Lotsa GSA (General Services Administration - a Federal gummint entity for you folks across the pond), private commercial, restaurant type work etc. BORING!!!

'Course, I WAS the only 7 year old service truck driver in the District. [Linked Image]

I could still do two things I can't seem to do now....... 1) See my feet without bending over and 2) Comb my hair. I can't seem to remember if I miss either of those now!! [Linked Image]

P
I was in college at Syracuse NY. I lived in an old house that was fraternity owned, but I was not a "brother". March 1st we might have been at a basketball game. We had more snow than you can shake a stick at that winter - oh yeah - winter ends in April in Syracuse. I was a Landscape Architect student and I graduated in '78.

[This message has been edited by PCBelarge (edited 03-02-2006).]

Pierre Belarge
G
"A" school, Great Lakes Naval Training Center, North Chicago, IL. What a pit that place was.

Trumpy Offline OP
Sorry Guys,
What started this all off was my whinings about in 1977, I was going to a movie with my mother and my Auntie and happened to come across a guy that had come off his motorbike.
I'll never forget that day, the Bee Gees singing "Stayin' Alive", How ironic.
The guy died at the scene, but that made me want to be a Fireman.
Since I took up Fire-fighting I've attended 997 calls and while that's nothing to be proud of I suppose, I suppose I have helped the odd person.
But, 1977 was a good year wasn't it?!.
I was 7 years old.
How on earth did things get so out of order since??.
Mind you we had the 80's, which didn't help.

Trumpy Offline OP
George,
Course, I WAS the only 7 year old service truck driver in the District.
Is there a Mafia link in there?.
You never have told us who you really are.
[Linked Image]

S
Uhhh....I was two years old? [Linked Image]

'77? Transferred to a new unit. One of the clerical officers, let's call her Mrs E., took exception to an Englishman daring to work in "Welsh-Wales" and just loved to reject, ( with an oily grin ), every expenses claim, housing claim, hotel claim, travel claim, fuel chitty etc. that I made, with nitpicky errors, "wrong color biro", " need 4 copies", " no photocopies allowed", Wrong form, (you want a MO156A) ", "The wrong co-signee", "Too late for this month", "Not entitled to that." etc. etc.
I called her 'Heart of Glass' from Blondie's hit of around that time.
Then, we got a new English Director.
She promptly failed one of his expense forms for a taxi when his limo broke down on the way back from London one wet night, on the basis there was a bus service available! The next day she was transferred to a remote building at the back of site as a clerk in a cardboard-packaging recycling shed! LOL!

Was singing this for weeks after!

"Once had a love and it was a gas,
Soon turned out to be a PITA,
Seemed like a good thing, only to find,
Mucho mistrust, loves gone behind!"

Alan

Wood work but can't!
J
'77: Senior year of high school. I was doing electrical work after school and on weekends. No clue on what I might've been doing that day though. I can tell you for sure that I did 2 solo skydives from 9500'AGL on March 8,87 but only because I have logbook entries for them. If I wrote down my activities in 77, it would've been on either a Star Trek, M.C. Escher or Tolkien Calendar.
Joe

M
March 1977 - Enjoying my 8th month of living on Oahu's North Shore. Surfing every day. Still here. I have had me a good life. Thank you God.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard