ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
You know, I never thought about cutting out the shelf!

[Linked Image]

John, Maybe it's 'cuz I tend to repost dozens of times in the threads I start, too!

[Linked Image]

I still only got about half the posts sparky (Steve) does...

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 10-10-2002).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
Virgil,

You're sure cutting things close here! - Just a suggestion (if you're not doing it already) - When I know things are going to be close like this I use a level across the countertop areas to make sure that the boxes are all the same height instead of measuring off the floor.

Bill

PS, What's that funny looking little sticker for on the duplex? I don't see too many of them around. [Linked Image]

Bill
Bill, yup, 4' level, that's how I nailed the switch boxes, honestly I thought I had allowed a good 1/2" assuming 3/4" for the FF, 36" for the countertop, 4" for the backsplash, plus a 1/2" buffer zone... but turns out the backsplash is larger than 4"! Plus, I also used a string to get the boxes flush with the drywall. If I had went off the stud on the two gang, it would have been off by a 1/2"! Can't get good lumber anymore..

The point man wanted them as close to the same CL as the recepts, which made it a tougher call too.
<gloat>

Kinda proud of them switch boxes, actually...
Another 1/8", and I would have been in a panic!

</gloat>

The stickers, I always put them in! And I tell the customers that what happens to the stickers after final punch-out is nothing that I can control... [Linked Image]

Kinda wish I had gotten another 3/16" in height on the Recepts, though... That would have been pretty!

Looks like I got a little more than the requested 2" spacing from the cover plate to the door trim, too. Nobody's said anything about it though...

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 10-10-2002).]

-Virgil
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
G
If you use old work boxes you can put the boxes in after the counters are in.

E
I mount my kitchen recepts at 45" to center. This is normally 1/2 way between base and upper cabs. I use a laser level mounted at one point in the room to assure all of the boxes are at the same height. I also just bought a laser chalk line which is great for lining things (rec lights)up on the ceiling. I'll be a little nit picky here. For appearance sake I would have put all three switches together in one box. I would have used almond devices so they would be a little less conspicuous and a good match for the counter. Got that "Darling"! [Linked Image]

T
The absolute best way to cut plastic plates is to use an electric miter saw. Cuts smooth as a baby's butt.

The lone switch is the garbage disposal (Pig), and I like to keep them seperated from lighting switches.

I had already bought all ivory (after asking which color a few weeks before) and had to return them all for white!!!

And almond isn't available here... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 10-11-2002).]

-Virgil
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
S
And almond isn't available here...

i haven't found a complete line of almond anywhere....
[Linked Image]

~ps, do you 'loop' you wires for added length in case of 8" backspashes & similar disasters?

N
making (1) mark at a certain height and following that mark around the room with a level or water tube is considered a bench mark here in N.Y..you simply will never be at different heights if this reference point is used.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard