ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 479 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Trumpy Offline OP
Oddly enough Bob,
I was talking to an OSH inspector yesterday on an unrelated matter and I asked him about this issue.
Consequentialy (sp?) I have a pic of what OSH here calls an approved man (person?)-cage for working off of a forklift.

[Linked Image]

I don't like the look of the thing.
To put it bluntly Bob, to think that OSH here even condones employees working off of the end of a forklift, no matter how high or where-ever, worries me.
They must have a LOT of faith in the people they train as Forklift operators on their 8 hour courses.

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
G
Bob, I guess OSHA 1926.602 is what they were talking about with that Bobcat thing I had up thread a ways. They just called it not "man rated". My wife says they can't pick people up with a lull either.
Thanks for finding something that makes sense about this. Now I am going to have to start looking at man lifts and bucket trucks to satisfy my curiosity.

Greg Fretwell
G
BTW I was looking at your note with the blue lull in it and saw the "ride" comment.
They are not even supposed to move the load around unless the boom is retracted. You are supposed to position the machine and then extend the boom.
From my Bobcat experience I can tell you, moving a load around with the bucket up too high can make it pretty squirrelly.

My Bobcat operating is a roadrunner cartoon anyway

Greg Fretwell
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard