Eddy Current,see page 167 rule 181 where it says "or a person with equivalent qualifications by training and experience shall connect,maintain or modify electrical equipment or installations"The word person means other than electrician or apprentice.
This is from the 2005 edition

So im wrong?Glad to hear it.I see the the proposed rules were to come into effect in april 2006.I looked through the 2006 OHS for the first time today and was amazed.So these proposed rules now superceed all other rules?If they do it's about time.They did pass right?
It would seem however that in areas other than construction they still do no require a licensed electrician.An example of this is REG 67/93 HEALTH CARE page 572 rule 68 1 and 2.This applies to my place of work.

We read this to mean that anyone may still work with live electricity under 300v as long as a CPR certified person is present.

Calling in the MLO to define this would likely start a ton of trouble.But with the wording the act uses few people truly understand what work can be carried out by who and where.
What do you think as i really don't know what to belive anymore?What phone number would i call?
cheers

[This message has been edited by frank (edited 10-14-2006).]