ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 386 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#150805 11/21/05 08:32 PM
V
just an example of what can happen when your distracted!!!today we were trimming a house, "I was making up the panel".My boss was standing behind me telling me about the next day's schedule and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing for a moment "thinking about what the boss was saying".put the neutral wire for an double arc fault on one of the hot sides, master bed was 220,blew 2 closet lights for me to realise what I did.

Patrick
Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
#150806 11/21/05 09:10 PM
Cat Servant
Sounds like you got of easy....

Good point, though.

I spent some time working in a meat packing house. This was a very seasonal business....from Memorial Day through Labor Day, most folks had NO days off...worked all seven days of the week. Week after week.
Then, as quickly as the crush came, came the drop-off in orders. Folks were not only exhausted, they were worrying whether they would get laid off that week, or the next, or maybe be high enough up the "seniority ladder" that they would work all winter.

There was, every year, at the same time, a dramatic increase in accidents. The type where you lose body parts. Company management, ignoring the extensive scholarship on the subject, was unable to understand the roles played by fatigue and distraction in these accidents.

#150807 11/27/05 08:14 PM
I agree John,
I used to work in a meat-processing plant when I first left school and working with things like sharp knives and meat saws, really made you appreciate the importance of watching what you are doing!!. [Linked Image]
I've thankfully still got all of my fingers and thumbs, but I have a lot of stitches though.
Vlad,
Your boss was rather irresponsible to be distracting you while you were working on equipment like this.
I'll normally stop working or ask anyone that wants to speak to me, to come back later.

Link Copied to Clipboard