ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 219 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Richard, that "Stupidvisor" should have been dragged out and shot immediately. His assumption and mistake could have cost you your life! Ignorance is one thing, but deliberately cutting a lock is quite another!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Peter

[This message has been edited by CTwireman (edited 08-28-2005).]

Peter
Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
Yes, he had to be retrained in their safty program. I always treat wires as if they are live, and I test before making connections

Retrained? In my experience, you can't educate pork.
Alan

Wood work but can't!
S
LOTO... why does such a simple system cause so much pain?

each guy has their own keyed locks... usually not the common ones off your toolbox because of the increased chance of a common key on site...

group leaders, operators, shift supers etc have access to a mass of locks and lockout boxes for group lockouts, run around and lock the plant down, then drop all keys in the box, the guys all lock the box with their personal locks... can't reactivate till all individual locks are removed..

use access permits, particularly in plant or "PoCo" situations to aid in handovers and control of larger jobs

use out of service tags.. and enforce the meaning of them...

don't leave your locks on when you leave.. have a process for tracking down personel if the locks are left on... and a process for checking the system status and physically eyeball to ensure the guy isn't up to his ankles in the bowels of the gear before removing "forgotten" locks...

hang draw and quarter anyone who cuts locks w'out following the above process, same for anyone who leaves locks on when they leave..

if your worried about taking your locks off overnight, pull the tails so it can't operate no matter how many times you operate the isolator.

inform ppl of what goes on.. why is the gear down and staying down.

now where did i put that asbestos/nomex weave suit...

Spock

S
oh.. and in response to the original question.. i'm a shocker for live work..always use gloves long cottons and glasses... just got trained in the bad old days when it was normal.

Spock

Here's one of the tags I use at work:

[Linked Image]

With people having cellphones with them 9 times out of 10 here, I find that writing your cell No. on the back of the tag helps a lot.

Spock,
Good call on the use of "Out of Service" tags.
If these were used and used properly and actually taken notice of, I'm sure that a few workplace injuries could be prevented.
One thing that I don't think is widely known (at least it isn't here in NZ),is the fact that anyone can fit these tags, wether they be a maintenance team member or a Labourer.
Only a service-man can remove them after the correct repair has been undertaken.

{Message edited to add last bit}

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 11-03-2005).]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard