ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Trumpy Offline OP
I'm pretty sore at the moment.
I've got huge bruises all over my body, and I am wearing a plaster cast on my leg.
This was after having a Utility pole snap on me and the cross-arm hit me in the right leg and snapped it.
Had I not been wearing the Pole belt and strap, this could have been avoided, considering that I was trying to access an LV pole fuse that had blown.
I was way out in the middle of nowhere, the house was a good half a mile away.
I managed to get to the truck and get help, after getting a 300kg+ pole off my leg and I drove to the nearest house and told them what had happened.
After that I passed out.
All I remember was a fellow Faultsman that was working in the area, woke me up and got me to Hospital.
If you are looking at this Ian, thanks Heaps!!!!!!

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
B
Aaaak, Trumpy!! Good to hear you are in one piece, although a bit dented. I’ve never been a climber, but have come across the leftovers of poles rotten at the ground line. Contacting the never-soft-enough earth is usually unplanned and always rudely unpleasant.

The only trite advice I can offer is to enjoy the pain pills during recovery. [Please, though—never let them get the best of you.]

F
OUCH!!

Trumpy, as a matter of Health and Safety, would it not be a good idea to recommend to your employers that all you Guys carry Hand held Radios for such emergencies.

Afterall, if you had been seriously injured, or trapped under the pole it could have proved fatal, then they should consider the law suit for you working on unsafe equipment.

D
I guess you'll have to reschedule the dancing lessons, Mike. Get well soon!

P.S. We could have been accountants!

Mike,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Maybe we'll be seeing more of you in the forums & in the chats now that you're "off your feet" for a while! [Linked Image] Glad to know you'll be back on them in time! [Linked Image]

-Randy

S
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I wish you a speedy recovery.

B
Awww, poor Mike!! Maybe we can all virtually sign your cast and send tons of 'get well' wishes your way.

G
Sorry to hear that Trumpy. I hope for a speedy recovery for you.

D
Damn, Trump! It's line dancing, not lineman dancing!

Get well soon, mate!

G
Trumpy,
From one to another, brother, sorry to hear that. Lemme toss my "Get Well Soon" atcha. Let's face it, some safety rules get in the way of saving your life, glad to hear you came out 'on top' so to speak.

Good luck and remember these simple rules to live by:

1- Greasy side down
2- shiny side up
3 - STAY ON TOP OF THE POLE [Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard