ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 211 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
The saftey guy at work does the training and we are suppose to retrain tomorrow. It is the worst trainning i have ever seen for LOTO. Well see if they changed anything tomorrow if not iam going to give this saftey guy a little advice and a pcs of my mind agian. Also gave the HR lady a number and name at osha to call the guy at osha said i should tell her to call him because he would like to talk to her. I didn't file a complaint yet i told her i think we can settle this in house. I already know i might as well look for another job because iam sure iam on there black list now. But if thats the case iam going to do everything i can to keep the guys that work there safe after iam gone.

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
J
Well the training only takes a 1/2 hr, but it is getting better and they are making up procedures for how to lock out every mach and were. The saftey manager says we were wrote up more for not following saftey procedure that we should of powered down the disconnect and pulled the fuse to check instead of checking the voltage i said bull $#!@. Any way i think they have it out for me now. i was counceled today for clocking in 1 min before the stated time that i should clock in for work. Told them thats BS. I am looking for new position outside of the company.

B
When they gripe for someone who shows up ONE WHOLE MINUTE early, there's definitely some handwriting on the wall. Why, that's just shameful of you ripping off a whole minute's worth of payroll at your exhorbitant wage... tsk, tsk, tsk. [Linked Image]

P
When no one is looking....
Find the circuit that feeds the time clock. Hook up a 1:2 tranformer on a push button switch. Hide all the wire, transformer, and button.
Hit the button every once in a while, and see if they can hire an electrician to trouble-shoot it.

J
Hi all i am still alive and kicking at the same factory. Things have quieted down a bit. I did talk with the saftey director and he said in few words or less if my boss would have been LOTO trained he wouldn't have a job and that he is in a far worse position than the rest of us. The boss is a dum as$ doesn't know much and doesn't do much. I just got back from cincinnati on training for some CNC and i am going to Chicago Sunday. Told the wife i will see how things go and not do anything rash until after the holidays when my next raise is due and make some decisions then.

B
Good for you to be able to see this situation with a little clarity, some vindication thrown in, and the opportunity (and foresight) to do your own career planning on your terms with a little time and temperance on your side.

T
'Charge for the Guns'... eh.
Thats nuts. I survived one electrical explosion , I would flat refuse to work for this guy.
But I know you cant do that.
Did he at least put the gloves on when he changed the fuse?
That kind of behavior is surely going to get someone killed.

Tom

Thomas-F
W
Oh, BTW, when you interview for a new job, avoid "bad mouthing" your old boss. Even though in this case you'd be more than justified. The new place might think that you are hard to get along with, tough to manage, and such. As they don't know the true situation at the old place. Do the talk about how you wnat to advance your career, and such positive sounding stuff instead.

J
I know what you all are saying and thanks. I now what to say and when to say it at the interviews and i will not bring this up. I don't have to worry much about working with him because, us guys on the floor do are own thing and keep things running and anymore he just sits in the office and thats the way we like it. If we have a problem we handle it and if he comes out we tend to disapear one by one. Even when he go's to a call for maintenance he is only there a couple min and calls one of us and then he leaves so o well. Like it was said I do like the job and the benifits and money. I don't look for him to be around much longer.

jlh,
It's good to see that things are finally returning to some sort of normality at you workplace.
Just goes to show what having one idiot in the team can do!. [Linked Image]

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard