ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
CPSC, Technical Consumer Products Inc. Announce Recall of Fluorescent Light Bulbs
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the manufacturers named below, today announced voluntary recalls of the following consumer products. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of product: 3-way compact fluorescent light bulbs

Units: About 158,000

Manufacturer/Distributor: Technical Consumer Products Inc., of Aurora, Ohio

Hazard: The bulbs can overheat and spark, posing a burn hazard to consumers.

Incidents/Injuries: Technical Consumer Products has received 16 reports of overheating bulbs. No injuries have been reported.

Description: The recalled 32-watt, 3-way (40-75-150 watt output) compact fluorescent bulbs were sold under the brand names Commercial Electric (Home Depot) and DuraBright (Orchard Supply Hardware). The bulbs are about seven inches high and have a white, spiral fluorescent tube attached to a white plastic base. The following item numbers, which can be found on the back of the packaging and the base of the bulb, are included in the recall: 283-924, 575-717, and 69032.

Sold at: Home Depot and Orchard Supply Hardware nationwide from April 2004 through November 2004 for about $10 (single pack) or $19 (double pack).

Manufactured in: China

Remedy: Consumers should stop using the bulbs immediately and contact Technical Consumer Products for a free replacement or gift card.

Consumer Contact: Call Technical Consumer Products at (800) 397-2647 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
Click >> more info

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
B

According to Technical Consumer Products, Inc www.tcpi.com 800.378.6998 330.995.6111 some “13-Wall Mini-Spiral” CF Lamps have been recalled.

Commercial Electric 283924 & 575717 — sold at Home Depot

Dura Brite 39032 — sold at OSH

S
I looked on their website and saw no mention of recalls. I personally hope that the 13w spirals are recalled.

I made the mistake of purchasing many knowing full well that they were not labeled well enough for me to tell if I was buying a decent product with good light quality. The salesman (at a lighting store, not the big box stores) did not even understand the terms I was using.

I got greedy due to the excellent price. Now I am stuck with sickly lamp light quality and lamps that 6 have failed this first year (4 replaced under warranty and that's alot of trips back to the store).

At least no sign of overheating and trying to burn my place down, they don't work long enough to :?).

Shane

Link Copied to Clipboard