ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 468 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
One could say that a gross majority of auto accidents involve people wearing glasses, but who would come to the conclusion that corrective lenses would cause an accident?
If the first part of your statement was true someone could read the raw data from another angle and deduce that People with Glasses are more likely to have an auto accident, which makes wearing glasses while driving more dangerous than not wearing them. [Linked Image] Right?

Bill
Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
Yup, that was the point I was trying to make!

95% is a hard number to beat though...

[Linked Image]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
P
That reminds me of the report of an investigation into auto accidents in this country some years ago.

The report stated that X percent of accidents involved a car hitting a lamp-post. The conclusion of the report was that "in general, lamp-posts are badly positioned."

You can twist statistics and perverse logic to say almost anything you want them to say. [Linked Image]

Paul,
That's a bit of a strange one about the lamp-posts.
Just goes to show doesn't it, never believe statistics, I suppose. [Linked Image]

Do you guys have the little "news in brief"
things in the newspapers that quote these statistics, everything from your chances of being run over by a fast moving bus to finding true love, personally they are all one in the same, oops, better not tell the girlfriend about that one!. [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard