ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#147615 01/04/03 06:33 AM
S
sparky Offline OP
excatly my thoughts, as well as actions in my billing which portrays work i've done only.....

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
#147616 01/04/03 12:53 PM
I have not confirmed this, but I've heard that, (besides Final Inspections from all Inspectors) even a Lawn (or start of one via seeding) is required to get a CO on a new Home on Long Island (NY).

Bill

Bill
#147617 01/04/03 01:22 PM
S
sparky Offline OP
the 'other' side of the coin Bill, i would postulate some revenue driven overtones there...

~btw, what's a lawn?
[Linked Image]

Winter Storm Warning today... Today
Snow...tapering to snow showers this afternoon. Total snow accumulation 12 to 24 inches. Temperatures steady in the mid 20s. North wind 10 to 20 mph.

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 01-04-2003).]

#147618 01/05/03 07:53 AM
Broom Pusher and
Occupancy Permits... Oh, ya!
On the projects I deal with (Bank Branches to be exact), one very common item which will keep the Permit to Occupy from being issued, is failure to comply with California Financial Code section 13000 (FC13000 - 13330); which is more known by the slang trade name of:
"AB-244"
(California Assembly Bill 244, circa 1993).

If the ATM Area lighting (amongst other things such as Landscaping, etc.) does not conform, no Occupancy of the building will be permitted until compliance is achived. The local Police Department is usually involved with this one being issued or not.

Basically for ATM lighting, the P.D. or Building Department wants to see an Isometric layout showing lighting power levels (in Fc) at certain points. Layout also includes luminare(s) data - such as specs and photometrics, plus lumens maintenance; and data per on-sight testing of installation.

Certification is required by a Licensed P.E. in the Electrical Power and Lighting field, however some jurisdictions allow the installing EC to certify and compile the plan page - if that AHJ feels the EC is qualified to do so.

This, along with some ADA items, are some of the "Last Minute" things which revolve around issuance of an Occupancy Permit.

Having been so much involved on this aspect prior to my personal career changes of late 2001, a certain P.M. at the company I worked for in 2002 was not interested in hearing what I had to say about final things; per a certain turn-key project in Bell, CA.
Talk about stuck between rock and hard place!
The Client's Const. Deveolpemet P.M. personnel (which I had dealt with many times in the past on the same issues) was "Pushing" me to "Try and make sense" with the clown I mentioned before. The Clown was reluctant to listen to me, was pissing off the whole Client's rep staff (Architects, Property Mgrs, etc.), jeopardizing the whole entire move-in schedule (which for a bank is a very big deal!), all because the joker wanted to push for some extra - and figured this would put them in a "must do" position!
Too bad that clown didn't get sued for contract items!!!

Man I am SOOOOO glad to be away from that Bozo!

Scott s.e.t.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard