ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
gramps Offline OP
i just submitted my bid for the electrical work involved in the construction of a brand-new pepsi-cola bottling plant, here in ohio! this is for the complete package,......production and process controls...MCC panel,(36 buckets), all stainless conduit and panels in syrup room with all watertight and sanitary wiring devices, as well as the office spaces and administrative areas!.. [Linked Image].....a thought occurred to me, (i occasionally do have a coherant thought!.. [Linked Image]), after i submitted this massive pile of paperwork.....--> i wonder what kind of "A-team" i could put together to do this job, using only the manpower and resources of all you guys on this forum? that would be a sight to behold, and the stuff great movies ae made of!.. [Linked Image]....i'll bet this would be the best-wired, and most NEC-compliant pepsi-cola plant anywhere!...of course, it might run a little past the deadline for completion, since i'm sure the job would get "hung up in committee" before the actual work began!...LOL!

just a thought.... [Linked Image]

T
Be sure to show us the feather in your cap when it's done!
Man I can only imagine what the sphincter factor is on that one!

Let us know how it goes. [Linked Image]
Trainwire

E
I can see an argument starting over the listing of the screws used in the syrup room......

P
302 Stainless !

P
Hey, good luck on such a big project!

How do you know that none of us are spies for a rival? You know, the one with its HQ in Atlanta.... [Linked Image]

B
Yup, Pf...if it was Coke he'd have to use 316 I bet.

Hey gramps! Score me some Mountain Dew once ya get to rubbin' elbows with Pepsico!

-Virgil, the Dew addict...

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
G
gramps Offline OP
the job wont be awarded till nov. 1st, but i'm already doing some prelimenary planning. it looks like the deadline for completion is june 1st, 2003. i'm looking at running four crews. one crew for the outside security and parking lot lighting, one crew to begin the strut racks and run pipe, one crew to focus primarily on the office and administrative spaces, and one crew to pull wire and install boxes and devices. i plan to run 2 shifts with the piping crew and outdoor lighting crew working days, and the other 2 crews working nights. one thing the GC pointed out, is that the other crafts are prolly going to work one shift only...so, my 2 shift idea might work to our advantage. any ideas you guys might have would be greatly appreciated. this is a big one for me, (six figures)!!!! we are a union shop, and the local here is ready to fill my manpower needs, as they become necessary.. [Linked Image]

oh yes...i will have a job coordinator, and a lead-man on each crew, that reports to him.

any help or ideas from you guys here will be greatly appreciated

thanx... [Linked Image]

P
When you buy donuts for the crew. Get them from a bakery, not from Dunkin Donuts. You'll get more work out of your men.

(A gift of knowledge from an IBEW local 134 member)

J
were are they building this plant if its in my area i may be interested in a maintenance position once they open the plant email me if you want.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard