ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Question: What type of training is available for a fire fighter, or for an electrical fires investigator?

Do they have any contact with the medical community where the results of electrical fire, and shocks are often available for review, including the images of the accident victims?

I have some images in my collection, and they are very graphic, but they do send a message when reviewed by those who want to see them...........

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
S
I've been in EMS for over 15 years Joe, a previous 7 as a FF was quite enlightening.
I'm sure there are others here that can also comment.

The qualifications for each are subject to locality, however EMS subscribes to more of a hiearchy at state and district levels.

You'll find the better trained in full time departments, with budgets that accomodate them, as opposed to some rural departments
( i've served in 3 towns) who'll depend on can & bottle drives.

You can wear the maltese cross for a mere 70 hour course, and become a FF #1 for about 180 hrs .
FF #2, and #3 are something of a rarity here, a BS in Fire Sciences is considered God.....
You may wear the star of life for 40 (freca) 120+(EMT) add 60 ( EMT-I) and then a yr of collage level ( EMT-P) however ciruiculums are changing lately.....

You may learn CPR via the AHA or ARC in as little as 4 hours,(heartsaver) , not a big time committment, advocated by at least UGLY's book...

As to 'electrical forensics' , they are simply a matter of 'white hat' conjecture in most any rural eviroment.
By white hat i mean the chiefs and immediate subordinants, who do a great job of guesstamation....the 'review' you seek is interactive on scene.

I had witnessed may a scene where the state police, gas monitor in hand for accelerants where the only determining factor.

And so the statistics you allude to follow suit....oh yes !.... having filled out my share of reports with generic info which can be easily convoluted to particular bias

I've viewed your pix in other forums, i'm sorry Joe but they are propaganda , the safety community should not need to lower itself to such levels.

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 08-24-2002).]

Link Copied to Clipboard