ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 468 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#147155 01/17/02 08:55 PM
B
I think that the arc flash hazard warning is a good idea. Not only is it a good reminder to qualified personnel, but also a good warning for unqualified. I decided to implement the installation of the warning labels to all existing electrical panels throughout my facility. I have run across a few problems concerning the labels. First of all, I have been unable to find a supplier of a pre-printed label that meets the requirement. All electrical/industrial label suppliers I have contacted have never even heard of the new requirement. I ended up buying blank orange warning labels and adding my own message to them using a laserjet printer.(I also warn of shock hazard on the same label) I've also had a hard time deciding exactly where to put the labels on the Motor Control Centers. Putting them on every individual bucket door seems like overkill.(we're talking 1000+) I've considered cutting it back to just putting one label per MCC section and placing it on the vertical wireway door. I've even considered just putting one large sign on the entry doors to the electrical rooms. Also, what about disconnect switches? My disconnects already have circuit ID tags and voltage labels. Adding the arc flash hazard labels would be difficult. Any comments or suggestions?

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
#147156 02/06/02 07:53 PM
D
Sometimes just a simple reminder is all we need, especially when I work the midnight shift.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard