ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
SAFTENG Offline OP
Indiana Man Critically Burned In Power Line Accident

A man trying to install a CB antenna in a tree suffered third-degree burns over half his body when the antenna touched a power line in Brazil, Indiana, authorities said.

21-year-old Gary Long was critically burned when the CB antenna he was working on fell onto a power line, sending electricity through the antenna, shocking Long and burning the tree.

Long remained in critical condition yesterday at the Wishard Memorial Hospital burn unit in Indianapolis, where he was airlifted after the accident.

When emergency workers arrived at the accident scene, they found the CB antenna draped across the power line, the tree was charred from the fire and Long hanging onto a lower branch.

It took 10 to 15 minutes to lower Long from the tree, as Brazil firefighters waited for Cinergy/PSI workers to cut power to the line.

For more electrical accident news and up-to-date news on other industrial accidents visit www.SAFTENG.net

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
M
Sometimes it is imprudent to call something an accident. I think this could qualify as one of those times.

S
as Brazil firefighters waited for Cinergy/PSI workers to cut power to the line.

that....is the hard part..

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard