ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#145691 07/15/06 06:46 AM
K
Trumpy, I don't think the NZ electricity grid is in trouble just because of a bunch of greenies whining about the pylons. I'm just suggesting that Transpower CAN afford to fix the problems in a way that will suit everybody. Also that it needn't cost the consumer or taxpayer any more than we're already paying. Transpower just needs to channel some money away from the excessive salaries & perks of its management and into grid investment.

#145692 07/17/06 12:24 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
kiwi,
What I'm suggesting, is the fact that the money is there to be spent, but with people blocking the process through that legislation called the RMA (Resource Management Act 1990), people can effectively ham-string a perfectly good plan simply because they object to it, without real reasons for the objection.
Now, please don't get the wrong impression here, I am not a rep of Transpower or anything like that (although I do work for the Govt through the NZ Fire Service [Linked Image]), all I am looking for is common sense.
We ARE going to run out of supply capacity one day here, it's not a question of if, but WHEN!.
Look at all the building that is going on around NZ and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the demand on our Grid is getting larger as we speak.
Think of all the computers that we didn't have 20 years ago, but need power now.
And all the mod-cons that seem to get more and more every year in the glossy catalouges that jam-pack your mail-box, seemingly everyday, people buy these things.
There seems to be no end to it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard