ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 298 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#145366 05/05/06 04:15 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
For those of you that I never e-mailled.
After the 12th of May, I will cease to work in the Electrical Industry.
I will be leaving the Power Company were I have worked for what seems like ages, to take oin a position as a Fire Safety Officer here in Ashburton.
I would like to stay on here as a Moderator at ECN as long as you kind folk let me, I still retain my 2 registrations as an Electrician and a Line Mechanic, that will not change, unless I choose to do something really stupid and have my registration pulled by the EWRB.
I would like to say a big thanks to all at this site and this area in particular (as I started off posting here, back when Paul and I and not that many others were here).
Remember Old Appy??. [Linked Image]
Who would have thought we'd get this far?.
Thank you all, your input is most appreciated.
Take care,
Mike. [Linked Image]
This is in no way goodbye (do I hear groaning?) [Linked Image], but the next 3 weeks will be a very busy one for me, with taking on a new thing.
I've been through worse.
Catch up with you guys later. [Linked Image]

K
Trumpy I wish you all the best in your new job as Fire Safety Officer. Congratulations, it sounds like a challenging and interesting position.

I am glad to hear your intention to stay on as Moderator. I'm sure as a Fire Safety Officer you will have some interesting posts to make. I look forward to reading them.

R
Hi Mike,
I wish you all the best with your new position as safety officer in the New Zealand Fireservice.

It's gonna be an interesting change, and certainly will be very valuable regarding fire investigations where electricity was involved as possible cause of the fire.

I hope you stay on as a moderator with ECN, because you have great electrical knowledge which will be supplemented with fire investigation procedures.

Keep in touch, which no doubt you will.

Regards

Ray

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
I
I too wish you the best on your new path. I am relieved to hear that you are still going to be around, though. You are a very valuable asset here at ECN and it just wouldn't be the same without you. Here is to hoping that you are here with us for a very long time [Linked Image]

F
Mike, I wish you success in your new position. In my short time visiting ECN I've appreciated your SAFE approach attitude, be well, stay in touch. Chuck

C
Changing hats isn't going to change who you are.

As far as I am concerned - you are always welcome.

~~ CELTIC ~~
...-= NJ =-...
G
I too wish you all the very best in your new chosen career.
I'm sure that we all look forward to your continued contributions to this forum, which help make it such compulsive reading.

Trumpy Offline OP
Thanks a million for your kind comments guys.
Look,
Out of anything, I want a change of scene.
I'm getting sick and tired of the same old thing.
Add to that the 0530 starts in the mornings and the fact that PoCo work just isn't what it used to be.
To be honest, most of our better workers here have either retired or found greener pastures, it's just not fun anymore. [Linked Image]
The days of having a real good time at work are sadly gone, that is why I'm moving on.
Last day tomorrow and if this past week is anything to go by, it will be a busy one.
Anyway folks,
Might see you around!. [Linked Image]
Cheers,
Mike.

C
Last day tomorrow...

I think tom'row you stay on the ground, away from anything live, anything overhead, nothing in your hands, etc....

Tom'row is the day you really want to be the one untieing your boots.

~~ CELTIC ~~
...-= NJ =-...
Trumpy Offline OP
Celtic,
Mate,
I have been involved in EHV and HV work for some years.
I take in your comments about complacency.
A lot of people have been killed or seriously injured on thier last day at work.
I'm more careful than that.
To be honest the hardest thing was getting through this last week.
3 days @ 19 hours a piece and one @ 21 hours.
Young Scotty (my apprentice) is still ringing me.
I'm comfortable with that, at least he is still alive. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard