ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 232 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#145004 04/24/06 06:35 AM
C
C-H Offline OP
I noticed gas was up again. No wonder, oil is at a record ($75/barrel I think).

But the Americans still have some way to go before they reach the prices Paul quotes above!

Check Pilot,

I was to Edmonton some years ago and they (the mayor I think) then claimed you would have gas and oil for the next thousand years. It doesn't look like you benfit from that!

#145005 04/30/06 07:25 AM
Has anyone noticed that Av-Gas (Aviation fuel) is half the price of Diesel?, and there is no tax on Av-Gas.
All jets, planes and gas turbine helicopters use this fuel.
There was a small increase (per Tonne)(3c) as it is bought, but not enough to warrant the fare increases the airlines have been suggesting.
Airlines buy in bulk, and screw the traveller into thinking this stuff costs a lot.
They over-fill all aircraft witha certain fill and then spill fuel before landing.
That is for fixed-wing aircraft, a helicopter can only carry what it can for a flight, that wieght is taken into account.
A helicopter, if it was to dump it's fuel would start a fire, having said that there is no way to dump fuel from a helicopter, unless you want to puncture a Fuel tank.

#145006 04/30/06 02:50 PM
Moves are afoot to tax avgas as a prime polluter. [Thats the story, it's just the tax money they're after!]. Guess who foots the bill?
This week in the UK the latest leader of the opposition proved his 'green' creds. by flying up to the Arctic to watch the glaciers melt. I know, pathetic, ain't it? Dumped 30 tons of carbon into the atmosphere by flying up there with a plane load of reporters of course, but it's the thought that counts!

Can we do satire?

Alan

Wood work but can't!
#145007 05/01/06 08:02 AM
P
Has anyone noticed that Av-Gas (Aviation fuel) is half the price of Diesel?, and there is no tax on Av-Gas.

Same here for fuel sold for non-road use. The diesel pumps down at the yards for the pleasure boats are only about two-thirds the price of normal filling stations due to the lower tax.

Similarly, "agricultural" diesel is also much cheaper. It has a red dye added to identify it as fuel which has not had full "road duty" paid on it. Of course, the gummint imposes draconian penalties for using red diesel in a vehicle on a public highway, so nobody around here in farming land would dream of using diesel intended for his tractor in his car. [Linked Image]

#145008 05/02/06 07:58 AM
C
C-H Offline OP
Aircrafts rarely dump fuel, except for emergency landings. (Granted, some airlines consider "Oops, we forgot the food" as an emergency [Linked Image] )

But it sure is weird that they pay less for Jet-A than you pay for diesel. I find it upsetting that the hard working guy with a car subsidises (sp?) luxury travel to far flung destinations.

#145009 05/02/06 06:27 PM
What do you mean, they pay no tax? You mean we pay no tax! PLEASE don't get the Revenue latched onto that stupid idea, it's bad enough paying $40.00 on top of the ticket price to 'rent' my share of the runway for a couple of minutes to take off and land, without another surcharge to run the blinking engines too!

Alan

Wood work but can't!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard