ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
I don't think anything electrical is enforced in France, is it? [Linked Image]

I've looked inside quite a few Moulinex kitchen appliances from the 1970s and found the switch on the blue wire, so even if you had polarized outlets all correctly wired it wouldn't make much difference.

Polarity on most of these appliances is of no consequence anyway. The motor will stay hot with the switch open, but so what? If you know enough to be poking around inside with the covers removed, you should know enough to realize that in any appliance there will be energized parts inside even though the switch is off.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 10-07-2005).]

S
Maybe the next time I'm at a Czech supermarket I can buy one and snap a picture. (Should get there some time the next weeks and they're dirt cheap, something like 2 Euro for a flush mount socket)

Ragnar, if you can find some French-type plugs over there, I'll send you the money for covering the cost of a few of those and postage to my job's office in London. It shouldn't be much. Let me know! Thanks!! [Linked Image]

T
I don't think anything electrical is enforced in France, is it?
Not sure about the other countries that use those outlets either. I think the Czech one I saw did have polarity markings though.

@Sven: The only type of plug they carry is a pack of an orange rubber heavy duty plug and trailing socket, no single plugs at our favourite supermarket. of course I can buy you some, we only have to figure out a way how to get the stuff and money around. The mail address in my profile is still valid, you could drop me a mail.

S
Thanks Ranger. I'll send you an e-mail!

As far as money, I can do Paypal, if you have that option.

T
Hmmm... Have to look into that. I've read the name mentioned at Ebay Austria, but not much more than that.
We'll find a way though, I'm sure! After all it's not like we're talking about a vast fortune... if I remember correctly that stuff is around $2+postage.

S
OK. I know it took enough time, but email sent.
[Linked Image]

F

Learning everyday from the web; some of it relevant!
S
Ranger, I was just wondering, were you ever able to obtain those electric plugs?

R
Thanks fires

very interesting link you provided with all the world voltages, frequencies and plug types

thanks

Ray

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
P
Our very own C-H also has a good website which lists voltages and plug types, along with other data on TV systems, telephone connectors, etc.
http://www.global-electron.com/

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard