ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 132 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#142683 02/16/05 04:31 PM
A
Lyle,
I dont have a problem with the country of origin, most of the big boys in the industry source manufactured goods from abroad anyway and badge them. That the commercial world we live in as you rightly point out. What does concern me is that at the end of the day I have to test and sign off the certificates for my installations and over the years some products tested have consistently turned in slower response times. Yes they do still just meet the criteria laid down in BS7671 2002. But when new and out of the box I like to think that they are well inside the set standard.
Just a thought I wonder if these people are manufacturing for the big boys and the very competativly priced goods that are finding there way ont the shelves is stuff that has been rejected by Quality Control for them. Rather than bin it maybe its put out at a lower cost still meeting the standard, I dont know. It just seems such a great difference in price from other RCBO's in the market place. I want to see one and test it if the results are right I will use it no problem, the price is most certainly right.

#142684 02/16/05 05:04 PM
P
pauluk Offline OP
I want to see one and test it if the results are right I will use it no problem, the price is most certainly right.
It is indeed. At not much over £6 a pop it would be feasible for those of us deep in rural TT territory to use an RCBO for each and every branch circuit.

I'll try to keep an open mind, but I still just automatically have an aversion to buying stuff with "Made in China" on it though.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard