ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#14242 09/17/02 11:33 AM
Information on the EC&M subscription and ElectricalZone e-mail newsletter.
ElectricalZone, a twice-a-month e-mail newsletter, is brought to you from the publisher of EC&M magazine. ElectricalZone will bring you late-breaking news and stories from around the industry, test your knowledge of the NEC® via a Code Q&A format, deliver you exclusive business/technical feature articles and inform you of upcoming industry shows and events.

Great articles, (some by Bill) and (some by me) on violations can be found.

http://www.bobvila.com/ultimate/Forum47/HTML/000015.html

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 09-17-2002).]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
B
Guys — Subscribe to and read the print version of EC&M cover to cover. If you are qualified, it is free. It has been published since 1901.

Also qualify, subscribe to and read Electrical Contractor magazine print edition. Creighton Schwan, a member of E-C.net, authors a outstanding Code-based article series there, among other high-quality information of daily applicability.

An IAEI membership and their related magazine are very helpful for Code aspects, but require annually-paid membership—a good investment if you are neck deep in Code issues. The magazine seems to have consistent coverage on the inspector-versus-tradesman point of view in NEC-related matters. It can be a good way to potentially establish intelligent dialog between you and your more "difficult" inspectors.

All are outstanding publications, and an indispensable way to keep current in the trade. It's not getting any easier, and these are a low-cost way to make it all a little less complicated.

—bjarney
  {junior assistant old-bastard-in-training}

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 09-17-2002).]

W
I currently do get the EC, which the subscription is free. there are good code information, as well as a lot of information on new and exisiting products as well as articles on new technology.
Bill, is this the same one you are talking about. Electrical Contractor Mag

H
Not for nothing but I have every E.C.& M from 1985 till Oct. 2000. I think I had some before that too. Anyway, I use to subscribe, then they gave it to me for nothing. In Oct, the stop sending to me. I tried for a year to renew, but they never sent me anything nor let me know what happened. I use to love the Mag. I also get NFPA, Electrical Contractor, IAEI, and CEE. I read them all. This year I found out that EC&M dropped me. I told them that I would subscribe again if I have to, but I never wanted them to stop sending it to me. I love to read all of the articles but I thought that as an inspector/contractor it was important to see all of the newest products out there. I am not sure if they are going to continue sending it to me but we'll see.

G
Gwz Offline
Harold,

Received the EC&M mag for years. Retired in 1989, the Mag stopped. Took several months to realize. Have been a paying subscriber since.

The EC mag will not allow pay subscribers, so that stopped in 1989.

Link Copied to Clipboard