ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 519 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Ragnar, try breaking off the pins with a wire cutter and then drilling out the remains?

Then probably you can use the recess in the plastic to mount a standard cassette-recorder AC inlet. Of course you'll also need to figure out a switch in order for it to go between AC operation or batteries.

If you get a figure-8 inlet from a trashed boombox, the switch is usually incorporated in the connector. It's hard to find those switched inlets in the parts after-market.

T
If I'm not seriously mistaken, some genius tried to fasten the inlet by melting the plastic with a soldering iron during a repair attempt. S/he also tried to solder around in the 220V AC part, don't ask me why. The inlet is bigger than a figure-8 inlet, so it'll definitely take some ingenuity.

If you get a figure-8 inlet from a trashed boombox, the switch is usually incorporated in the connector. It's hard to find those switched inlets in the parts after-market.
That#s exactly what I plan on doing. I got loads of bottom-of-the-line junk cassette recorders and I'm going to use one for spares. Not going to bother fixed it's shot amplifier!

Broom Pusher and
Ranger,

What type of Cartridge does this Player use?

You might have a hard time locating the correct Stylus for the Cartridge, and may need to just get a new Cartridge - with a few extra Styli for future replacement. (hoping you do not need to go this route!).

I had a legacy Turntable - with a legacy Ceramic Cartridge (missing the Stylus - of course!), and could not locate any compatible replacement Styli anywhere!
Ended up replacing the Cartridge with a "P" Mount type (and a few extra Styli, too!).

Cost was around $25.00 (USD) for everything, but this was in 1993!

BTW, not sure how the original Cartridge's Amplified Output sounded, but the new one sounded excellent!
And I am a "Die-Hard Magnetic Cartridge" person!
[Linked Image]

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
T
Oops... got that one wrong. The entire cartridge is missing! I've just got loose wires with a strange 2-pin plug. I'll try to take a picture of that and post it.

P
There's a mail-order company in Indiana which you might find useful. They carry all sorts of replacement stylii and cartridges, including many older types:
http://www.garage-a-records.com

I've also used a place here in England in the past called the Expert Stylus Company.

They don't have a website, but can supply all sorts of obscure and obsolete stylii:

Expert Stylus Company,
P.O. Box 3
Ashtead
Surrey, KT21 2QD

Tel.+44 1372 276604
Fax:+44 1372 276147

Email: w.hodgson@btclick.com

S
Ragnar, what happened with that Eumig radio you menioned a while back on this thread?

T
It's still sitting around in storage and waiting for someone to take care of it. Probably the caps should be replaced, but it works as is.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard