ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 647 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#139867 01/26/04 09:38 AM
J
my fav artist of all time is a woman from america (Washington) by the name of eva cassidy, sadly eva lost her life to cancer at the age of 33 but remains as having the most beautiful voice i have heard. Eva covered songs like Over the rainbow,Autumn leaves,time after time,songbird,field of gold,Tennessee Waltz and many more supurb classics!!!! best album songbird (much recommended).

With playing guitar i have a lot of dire straits,mark knopfler,chet atkins,james taylor, eric clapton and who i think is ONE of the best acoustic guitar players in the world tommy emmanuel pure and utter class!!!!!

country music is also a fav :john denver,george jones, jerry reed and artists like that.

beach boys,joe cocker,simon and garfunkel. lionel richie,roy orbison just to mention a few of the best!!!!!

not a fan of dance ,jazz or modern pop idol boy bands.but i must say i have 2 dido albums which are very good! (sorry another recommendation)

classical music is very relaxing but must not include the harpsichord i dislike that instument as much as insulation tape in the winter!!!!!!!!

#139868 01/26/04 01:19 PM
P
Anybody else in my neck of the woods see the program that was on BBC2 last Wednesday night? -- Lost Highway: The Story of Country Music.

There were some great old clips of Hank Williams, Ernest Tubbs, and other classic country singers, and a good look at how the roots of country, honky-tonk etc. gradually fused to become the "Nashville sound."

#139869 01/26/04 02:12 PM
J
did not see that program but have seen a concert on the performance channel i think it was called the highway men with chris christoferson, willie nelson,waylon jennings,johny cash and couple more of country's all time best if you have not seen it lookout for it will be on again!!
wish i would have seen the program on bbc 2 though sounds like it was a good show!!!!

ps paul uk sorry for not getting back to you about the program on uk distribution networks, problems with my old computer [Linked Image]
did not get to see the program any way.

[This message has been edited by james S (edited 01-26-2004).]

#139870 01/30/04 10:38 PM
Trumpy Offline OP
Scott35,
Yeah man, I hear ya about Def Leppard, mate!. [Linked Image]
Thanks for your cool post!.
The thing that saved Def Leppard to a certain extent in the US, was MTV.
This was still in it's infancy at the time, but this was what exposed lots of American youth to thier music.
BTW, Scott, Def Leppard had two albums released before Pyromania was released.
Thier first was On Through the Night and the second was High'n'Dry, these albums in my opinion are thier best work and well worth a listen!. [Linked Image]
Also about thier young ages at the time, apparently, thier parent had to sign thier Record Contracts, because they were so young
(Rick Allen was only 15 and was still at school).
Scott,
Bands like Def Leppard, Iron Maiden et al,
were branded "New Wave", coming from the term "New Wave of British Heavy Metal" tag that the meeja gave these bands, as opposed to the "New Romantics",(Duran-Duran,Spandau Ballet), yet another media-coined phrase.
I really miss the "Good 'Ol Days" of Music + Jammin' at a moment's notice!
("Jammin'" is to get a bunch of Musicians together, and play anything - just for fun, not for practice).
I still have the odd Jam session with our band of local musicians, as a Bass player/Drummer, there is plenty of opportunity to do this, although just getting there is a problem with work/Fire service commitments!. [Linked Image]
I can pretty much play anything Drum-wise, I love odd Time Signature stuff, but Bass-wise I had to take a course in Popping and Slapping, just to keep up with the newer music.
I do the odd fill-in as a Bassist for Bands that are short of one.
I also teach Bass and Drums, I hate the lime-light, I would sooner be working to put a good foundation down for the rest of the band, to work with. [Linked Image]

#139871 02/02/04 05:12 PM
R
Did I hear somebody say Iron Maiden? I liked them so much I got the tattoo!!

[Linked Image]

I was always into the heavy stuff, with Slayer being my favorite. I'm actually listening to Iron Maiden right now, as a matter of fact!

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
#139872 02/04/04 10:17 PM
Broom Pusher and
Mike (Trumpy);

I forgot all about On through the Night and High & Dry!!! [Linked Image]
Whaddaheckizup...!
High & Dry was the album I should have been mentioning!

As to Jammin' it's been awhile since the last real good session. Really miss 'em.
Jamming with my Daughter was cool, and we both wanted to open up and jam (call every Guitarist, Bassist, Keyboardist, etc. and have them come over with their equipment).
That was the closest for a long-long time!

Man, I gotta get back into music!

Ryan;

That's is so cool! (the "Maiden" stuff).
Really is nice to know so many others here are into the same music styles - and for an extra added bonus, many musicians here too!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#139873 02/22/06 07:56 PM
R
Bump!!!

That feels good.

My favorite music tunes are:
Born to be alive, Patrick Hernandez.
THE THE, uncertain smile, perfect, etc.
KRAFTWERK, radioactivity
Jean Michelle Jarre, oxygene, magnetic fields, etc.
Air, Pink Flloyd, U2, Rolling Stones, Queen, Chemical brothers, and new wave type music like techno. But there is nothing wrong with the olderclassics from pre 70's too. So I can say I'm pretty universal with most types of music.
I enjoy my old reel to reel tapes, Cheers Ray

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
#139874 02/23/06 07:02 PM
C
Lately I've been into some 70s/80s new wave, and a bit of 90s "alternative".

#139875 02/24/06 01:57 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Where on God's earth did you find this thread Ray?. [Linked Image]
I only have one complaint at this end of the week, and it's that the young Apprentice at work keeps changing the station on my truck radio.
It wouldn't normally be a problem, but you can only listen to so much (dare I even say it) "Easy Listening" music.
That boy must have led a pretty sheltered life before he came to work here.
We'll have that beaten out of him before the 4 years are up. [Linked Image]

#139876 02/26/06 04:50 AM
K
Trumpy if your apprentice is touching the radio in your vehicle then you need to issue a "Verbal Warning" ( Politically correct term for earbashing!) [Linked Image]

Also if you like Led Zep, Def Leppard and other such guitar bands and you're looking for some modern equivalents then you'll probably like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Audio-Slave, Foo-Fighters, and theres heaps of other "real instrument bands" going at the moment.

I myself like everything from Jazz to Metal, but at the moment I'm listening to heaps of New Zealand reggae bands. They're excellent.

Good thread Trumpy. Music is electrically relevant and as we can see by the previous posts most sparkies are interested in it.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard