ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#139857 01/07/04 05:54 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Ahh yes Paul,
The ability to sit down in your own house and listen to what you like.
The great thing about personal freedom, eh?. [Linked Image]

#139858 01/10/04 02:51 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
There's only one modern band that I like and it's Lifehouse!. [Linked Image]

#139859 01/10/04 05:39 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Oh but Paul, I have to put a word in for the Thin White Duke (David Bowie), the guy has just kept re-inventing himself over the last 40(?)years and it has always been for the better.
He's writing really good music these days, he's always kept up with, er, Fashion!. [Linked Image]

#139860 01/14/04 05:25 PM
C
I primarily listen to CHR, but do aslo enjoy some 80s pop, new-wave, pung, and progressive rock/metal from the mid-late 70s into the 80s.

#139861 01/16/04 11:54 PM
Trumpy Offline OP
classicsat,
CHR?.
I have been listening to the Police and a few other 80's bands, but I really like the 70's more with British bands like Free and the like.

#139862 01/17/04 04:20 PM
:
I guess nobody in here does listen to the music i mainly like ("nu metal" and so on), but i also like actual rock/alternative, and some older stuff i.e. simon&garfunkel, status quo, and many more.......

#139863 01/21/04 05:21 PM
C
Radio format speak for Classic Hard Rock. 70s and 8os rock, just keeping out of metal type rock, and pop/new wave/punk stuff.

#139864 01/23/04 02:27 AM
Broom Pusher and
My Wife and I listen to most everything!
Range = Classical to Rythym & Blues (refering to the older blues, not today's "R&B"). Range excludes "Rap" based styles.

Typically we listen to music in the "Rock" based flavors - normal rock, hard rock, metal, etc.

Just FYI;
Last year we saw two cool concerts at the Arrowhead Pond (in Anaheim California).

In July (or August) of 2003, saw Fleetwood Mac. They put on a cool show, and sounded great after getting into the groove + warming up.

Best show was in November. November 18th to be exact.
Simon and Garfunkel's reunion show was absolutely fantastic!
Man, I am so glad we went to that gig!

On November 19th, I loaned my drumkit to my Daughter for a Recording Session that was coming up the following weekend.
Her and I were playing drums to Metal and Punk.

December 21st (my Birthday), a good friend of ours + rythym guitarist of my old Band, gave me the Rolling Stones' 4-Disc DVD set that recently came out.
Been watching/listening to it here and there - especially plays in the background while doing computer work.

Is this a "Well-Rounded Range"? [Linked Image]

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#139865 01/23/04 07:40 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Scott35,
Anyone that knows me well, knows that I am a Huge! Def Leppard fan.
I have all the albums(Vinyl,CD's and tapes) and DVD's and Videos ever made from this band.
(Yes, it's the one with the one-armed drummer, Rick Allen, but he still had 2 arms when I got hooked on it!). [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 01-23-2004).]

#139866 01/26/04 03:58 AM
Broom Pusher and
Mike;

I too like Def Leppard!

They hit big here in 1983, when (I think) the "Pyromania" album was launched for U.S. sales.

Seems to me that they became popular here with the 2nd album released in U.S., in the 1983-84 time period, however they were kind of "Underground" with the "Noble Few", when their first album debut in 1981-82 era.

This was - of course, "Pre-Accident" era (before the crash and corresponding loss of limb).

Any of this sound correct?

I was in High School (11th Grade to be exact) when I first heard of Def Leppard. That was 1981.
What really was interresting was how old they were at the time!
For those unaware of this, put it this way:
Most of the Band's Members could not legally go into Bars, or drink Alcoholic Beverages at the time!
Now that's interresting!

The people I hung around with were - fortunately - into newer hard rock styles and underground stuff.
In the early '80's, there was too much Disco influenced Pop spanning the Frequency Modulated Broadcasts via Commercial VHF Radio - along with influencing the typical Clubs and Music Merchants.

We were into Hard Rock styles.

Mid '80's brought the "Glam" era - which gave us something to complain about endlessly! When Ozzy jumped on the "Glam-Wagon", that was too much!
This was also the era when Iron Madien became popular - and was termed "Heavy Metal"!
(no way they even came close to Metal - but then again, there was Quiet Riot being classified "Heavy Metal", so I guess between the two Bands, Maiden would fit the category of Metal the best...JMHO).

In the mid '80's (1984-1986) I was introduced to various hard edged styles of music - and one Band comes to mind which really stuck out in this time period:
Metallica!

The Metal/Punk style was our obsession!
Albums like "Ride The Lightning" and "Kill 'Em All" were played over and over and over!
Stylii replacements were very common on Phonos, and redundant copies of Cassette Tapes were made, so the worn out one could be tossed out after 1,000 plays!
Slight adjustments to the Azimuth of the Play-back head were needed periodically [Linked Image]

"Master Of Puppets" came out around 1987; a good album but too commercial. Same became of their next two albums, then they broke up.

I really miss the "Good 'Ol Days" of Music + Jammin' at a moment's notice!
("Jammin'" is to get a bunch of Musicians together, and play anything - just for fun, not for practice).

By the time I graduated High School in 1983, it looked like our favorite Music Styles would forever be underground - and thought of as "Crazy Music", or the sillyness that someone might dabble into the black arts from mind alterations embedded in the lyrics, would continue!
We just liked hard edged - aggressive and progressive styles - lyrics were not anything more than words!
(but we did make plenty of jokes about the stereotypes we were viewed as!).

Ahhh, love to reminisce! Could never forsee what's happening today, back in the '80's!
Here I am - 39 Years old, looking back at the stuff;
remembering how everything was a "Fun - Struugle",
studying Theories of Electricity and Music,
doing crazy things with crazy people,
and never-ever thinking that it would result in something valuable.

Where did the time go?!

So glad to be part of the past; and the present too!

Scott35

p.s. what else do you like? any of the stuff I listed?

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard